Fans of Resident Evil always praise RE2, but rarely RE3...

Broken Shotgun

Trophies
I've noticed so many times that nobody points out that the RE2 remake has cut content and missing enemy types, despite the fact they almost always shit on the (noticeably dreadful) RE3 remake. It's always as if they exist in a vacuum. RE2 is treated as if it can do no wrong. But I think it may be because RE3 was never seen as being as hugely popular in the 90s, while 2 blew everyone away. Even though in my opinion, 3 is just as brilliant as 2.

What do you think? Am I just nitpicking here, or do you agree that some fans just enjoy being awkward about things? They put favouritism before logic, sometimes.

Also, I don't fully understand why fans of this milked to death franchise are even getting their panties in a twist for a RE4 remake, because Capcom is bound to screw that up too. It's almost a giving, going by their track record of changing stuff. They also lied about RE8 being more action oriented, because RE7 was supposedly looked upon as being "too scary". But that's a crock of shit. It's obvious to me that they wanted to both copy RE4 and also concurrently get everybody hyped up for the remake, even though fans were glad RE7 was a return to the core survival horror roots. So it's almost as if Capcom just doesn't have a clue what they're doing anymore.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back