Hello, my dear friends. Well, today it's about Minecraft! That game is just all over the place and just like GTA, it definitely made an impact and is still staying strong in the games-to-play field. I was wondering when it came out and what is the history of that game and I read many articles about it, but I would summarize it here in this post! if you would like to read more details, go check the original link of the article: The history of Minecraft
- In 2009, "Notch" released the first version of Minecraft, an open-ended, nearly infinite world, procedurally generated by the computer, with an algorithm that determines the terrain, climate, landform, and animal life of each piece of the generated world.
- In 2010, the developers introduced the possibility of using materials to "crafter", i.e. to make objects.
- In July 2010, the developers introduced Redstone.
- March 2012: First scientific calculator built in Minecraft.
- In the summer of 2016, Microsoft announced that Minecraft had passed the milestone of 100 million copies sold.
- Associated with a very young audience, Minecraft has seen a new competitor emerge: Fortnite, the "battle royale" of Epic Games, which appeared in 2017 and continues to gain in popularity with 78 million monthly players.