Positive Affirmations: How It Can Help You

Alex Wright

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Positive affirmations can help you gain more self-confidence and a positive attitude. Find out whether this is scientifically proven and how to use positive affirmations here. Optimists have a longer lifespan and are more likely to reach the age of 85. Lewina Lee and her team from the Boston University School of Medicine came to this conclusion. To be happy you can also try 22Bet.

For their study, they analyzed and compared data from various long-term studies. Optimists are not only more positive about the future: they also set themselves more goals and have greater self-confidence that they can achieve them. Optimists are also better able to control their feelings and behavior in difficult situations. The results have also shown that optimistic people take better care of their health, smoke less, and consume less alcohol.

Optimism is not innate - you can learn to think positively. Positive affirmations can be a valuable tool for this. You can find out how this works in this article.

How It Works​

Positive affirmations can help you in difficult situations. Positive affirmations are an autosuggestion tool. The method originates from the Frenchman Emil Coué, a contemporary of Sigmund Freud. This means that positive affirmations are anything but new.

They are designed to help you influence your subconscious, restructure it, and thus create positive polarity. Positive affirmations are short statements of belief. They are designed to help you maintain a positive self-image and find support in everyday life and challenging tasks.

A study from 2015 took a comprehensive look at the effect of positive affirmations on our brains. Using magnetic resonance imaging, they were able to determine that positive affirmations increase activation of the reward center and the area for self-reflection. Particularly strong activity was observed with positive affirmations that focused on the future.

Positive affirmations also help people to cope with difficult tasks under stress. This was proven by another study from 2013.

You can also help others gain more self-confidence with positive affirmations. A study from 2009 shows that the test subjects do not have to be aware of the effect of positive affirmations in order to benefit from them. Positive affirmations can therefore also be of great value when working with people and in education.

Examples​

Positive affirmations can be the key to your subconscious. Positive affirmations can support you in various aspects of your life. Whether in your relationship or with your finances - there is the right affirmation for everything. When choosing your positive affirmation, you should consider the following points:

Your belief phrase should address one of your core values. Among other things, the phrase should remind you of your value in difficult situations. To do this, you need to be able to identify well with it.

The wording of your affirmation is the key to success. You are trying to reprogram your subconscious. To do this, you need to believe the affirmation. For example, if you are suffering from an illness, the phrase "I am healthy" will seem like a lie. Instead, choose "I heal."

Here we show you some examples of positive affirmations. Of course, you can also choose a very personal phrase.
  • I love and appreciate myself for all that I am.
  • I respect myself and take care of my health.
  • Love fulfills me.
  • I choose contentment.
  • It is doable.
  • I am up to any challenge.
  • I am strong and courageous.
  • I am exactly where I am supposed to be.
  • I am grateful for everything the universe gives me.
  • I deserve happiness and contentment.
  • Every day I get a little closer to my goals.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back