Pokemon Go pandemic changes made to the game will soon become permanent, while others will be removed, developer Niantic has confirmed.
Niantic confirmed the following changes will become permanent:
- A player’s maximum number of Gifts that can be stored has been increased to 20.
- Players will receive three times the amount of Stardust and XP earned for their first Pokemon catch of the day.
- Incense will last for 60 minutes.
The developer also confirmed the following changes will be live from 8.00 pm GMT on 1 October:
- Egg hatch distance will return to normal.
- Increased Incense effectiveness will only count while in motion.
- Your Buddy Pokemon will only bring you Gifts when you’re running low, and only once per day.
- The likelihood of getting a Gift when spinning a PokeStop is still increased compared to normal, but has been reduced.
Pokemon Go is available on iOS and Android devices.