Reviews Insurgency: Sandstorm Best Machine Guns (Ranked Worst To Best)

Rat

Trophies
Here are some of the best machineguns in Insurgency: Sandstorm!

Read the full article here:

Believe it or not, the machine gunner class in this game is a sleeper. Most people just glance over it and rarely pick it up. Most of the time, you’re going to be able to pick the class because almost nobody wants it, but let me tell you. This class is amazing in the PvE game mode against a huge horde of bots.

It’s also really good in PvP if you know how to position yourself correctly. Most of the time, you won’t be moving from an objective, and this class is best used when defending against enemies who are pushing you. I’ll be ranking the machine guns by their strengths and not by anything else, so with that, let’s get into the article!

6. PKM

4276b90041a17900a504d1d373392524-min.jpg
This is a modern Kalashnikov turned into a machine gun.

For our first machine gun on the list, we have the PKM or Pulemyot Kalashnikova Modernizirovanniy, but we’ll stick with the PKM cuz it’s easier to say. When it comes to this machine gun, it doesn’t cost a lot of supply points, has an average rate of fire for a machine gun, decent penetration, and some recoil that can be managed.

You can fire it from your hip, but overall, I don’t recommend it. It can be quite hard to do that. You can still do it if you want to, but make sure to fire in short bursts. The machine gun is good at giving fire support to your team and holding down choke points.

PKM Stats:

• Cartridge - 7.62x54mmR
  • Vertical Recoil - 34
  • Horizontal Recoil - 30
  • Muzzle Velocity - 825 m/s
  • Rate of Fire - 652 rpm
  • Penetration - 426 pp
  • Magazine Capacity - 100 rounds
  • Reserve Ammunition - 1 Box
  • Supply Points - 3
  • Weight - 26%
What PKM Excels In:

• It’s good at giving fire support to your team.
  • It doesn’t cost a lot of supply points, so you can bring additional equipment with you.
  • You can fire it from the hip in short bursts.
How To Get PKM:

• You can obtain this machine gun when you pick the gunner class on the Insurgent Forces.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back