These characters' backstories are worth investigating during your trip in Hogwarts Legacy.
Hogwarts Legacy, like the rest of the Harry Potter series, is full of secrets and interesting backstories. Throughout Hogwarts Legacy, players will encounter people who only need to speak one sentence to spark a slew of questions about their history.
Completing the main tale as well as side tasks will allow players to not only gain new armour and magic, but also learn more about their favourite characters. Interestingly, certain questions may have to be solved in many playthroughs since some conversation choices unfold in unexpected ways.
Related: Hogwarts Legacy: 5 Great Side Quests
1. Natsai OnaiNatsai Onai, who moved to Hogwarts from the world's greatest wizarding school, Uagadou, right before her fourth year, has a unique and intriguing past that players may dive into.
Players who are not sorted into Gryffindor will get acquainted with Natsai by attending the Charms session on their first day, and she will explain part of her backstory here. Players may befriend Natsai and participate in her missions to learn more about her, including how and why her mother acquired a position at Hogwarts and what happened to her father.
2. Professor Matilda WeasleyMatilda Weasley, Deputy Headmistress and Professor of Transfiguration at Hogwarts, seems to be little more than an incredibly skilled witch with a kind heart and a lenient attitude towards punishment at first. However, as the tale progresses, players will discover subtle hints that she had an exciting past.
When Professor Weasley joins the player in the Chamber of Requirement, it is revealed that she once discovered the hidden room and apparently toured much of the castle with her house-elf buddy Deek. A letter discovered in Madam Kogawa's office also suggests that the two of them had an adventurous time in Tokyo.
3. Ominis GauntOminis Gaunt, a member of the Gaunt family, proud descendants of Salazar Slytherin, and ancestor of Lord Voldemort, is already a source of curiosity. Slytherin players, on the other hand, will rapidly discover two things. First and foremost, he does not share his family's prejudice, and second, he is blind.
Those who are not in Slytherin will learn about Ominis from Sebastian Sallow in the same undercroft that Ominis was aware of because of his family. Sebastian explains that Ominis trusts virtually no one, which piques the player's interest.
4. Professor Dinah HecatDinah Hecat, Professor of Defence Against the Dark Arts, is a proud Ravenclaw who immediately piques the player's interest in learning more about her history. She prevents her Hebridean Black dragon skull from falling in her first appearance, a symbol from The Great Poacher Assault of 1878, raising the issue of how significant a part she played in the raid.
In the player's second conversation with Professor Hecat, she remarks that looks may be misleading, since despite her grey hair, old appearance and Hogwarts Legacy outfit, she was a Hogwarts classmate of Phineas Nigellus Black. She goes on to explain how she was injured by time itself, as well as how she was an Unspeakable at the Ministry of Magic, all of which makes the mind race.
Related: Hogwarts Legacy: 6 Most Powerful Beasts
5. Sebastian SallowSebastian Sallow, a fellow 5th-year Slytherin, is one of the game's most interesting characters, and his past is brilliantly teased out as the game proceeds. If players pick Sebastian to join them on their first visit to Hogsmeade, they will discover that he can also see Thestrals, implying that he has seen death.
Sebastian subsequently admits that his sister is ill and unable to attend Hogwarts, and it quickly becomes clear that the majority of his mischief is carried out in the aim of rescuing her. After Sebastian gets in trouble, the school librarian thinks his Uncle won't be pleased, which is an intriguing comment. Who his Uncle is is unknown, but the player is left curious and eager to learn more.
6. Professor Aesop SharpPotions Master Aesop Sharp piques my interest as a former Auror with a limp. Professor Sharp lets his pupils make the Wiggenweld Potion in the first Potions session, which cures but notes that not all injuries can be treated before hobbling away.
Players will get the opportunity to pick up a letter from Sharp's desk, which turns out to be a souvenir from his time as an Auror, when they go inside his office to gather additional ingredients. Sharp was told in the letter that he was being assigned to keep an eye on Borgin and Burkes, leaving the player wondering why he kept onto this specific order.
Hogwarts Legacy is currently available on PS4, PS5, PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and Nintendo Switch.