Hogwarts Legacy is filled with magic, and with magic comes more difficulties than the player may have anticipated. As a fresh fifth-year student at Hogwarts, the player will swiftly learn all the spells from prior years that they missed. Several of these spells are excellent defence spells in Hogwarts Legacy, and are crucial for combating Ranrok's army and the perilous secrets of magic.
Hogwarts Legacy may demonstrate this with the abundance of entertaining magical spells that the player can cast with their wand against adversaries. The finest defensive spells in Hogwarts Legacy provide the player with a significant edge in their Hogwarts Legacy quests to become a powerful witch or wizard.
1. LeviosoIf your foes are going amok, float them. Levioso causes foes affected by this control spell to levitate, leaving them helpless and vulnerable to a barrage of combo strikes from the player.
Levioso is one of the first spells obtained in Hogwarts Legacy and may be used throughout the game because to its utility and accessibility. Levioso will maintain the levitation of things and foes for very long time. That will make protecting Hogwarts and enjoying Hogsmeade much simpler.
2. GlaciusIf adversaries are being a nuisance, one of the finest methods for the player to protect against them is using Glacius. After performing this control spell, foes will be immobilised and the player's subsequent strikes will do more damage.
Glacius may be used to target a specific enemy or briefly incapacitate them so they can concentrate on other foes. Glacius is excellent for defensive qualities, since his ability to momentarily freeze enemies renders them unable of harming the player.
3. Arresto MomentumUsing Arresto Momentum, players will be able to slow adversaries and objects with this control spell. This will hurl adversaries into the air and keep them shocked, and helpless until the playable Hogwarts student prepares their next move on how to further inflict harm on their enemies.
This defensive spell is excellent against adversaries since it will incapacitate them for a while. It keeps them out of the player’s way when they dodge and block opponent strikes, or, may be used to pick out a target, and take care of them swiftly.
Related: Hogwarts Legacy: 6 Intriguing Characters
4. DepulsoWhen a horde of evil witches, wizards, and goblins converge on a new fifth-year student at Hogwarts, Depulso is an excellent defensive spell that may benefit the player. Using this spell, players will employ a force-based magic to repel foes and items with immense force.
Depulso creates a space between the player and their foes, allowing them to employ counterattacks such as damaging spells to do damage to the target that has been driven back.
5. ProtegoIn Hogwarts Legacy, one of the most helpful spells is accessible from the start of the game. Protego is triggered once the player taps either the Triangle button or the ‘Y’ button. Protego will erect a protective barrier around the player, preventing hostile spells and attacks.
Players employing Protego must be cautious of what they can block and counter, since some actions will require them to roll out of the way, rendering Protego ineffective. Nonetheless, Protego is a powerful defensive spell that must be utilised properly, since it may be coupled with Stupify and other counterattacks.
Related: Hogwarts Legacy: 6 Most Powerful Beasts
6. ImperioBeing one of the three unforgivable curses, Imperio is useful for defence in Hogwarts Legacy, since it temporarily transforms an opponent into a buddy. Imperio will compel an adversary to fight with you, and while under your influence, they will suffer less damage from other foes.
Not only will Imperio provide the player a powerful partner regardless of size or strength, but this ally will also be cursed, meaning that if additional foes are cursed, the suffering will be shared amongst them.
7. Avada KedavraUnforgivable curses are outlawed, and there’s a reason why Hogwarts refuses to teach children these deadly spells. But, as a student with a thirst for adventure and knowledge, the player has the choice to acquire the famed murder spell Avada Kedavra, which is useful for completing Hogwarts Legacy's excellent side missions.
By mastering this spell, players may instantaneously kill adversaries regardless of their defences or health bars. Avada Kedavra is an excellent defensive spell, since it swiftly eliminates the adversary that poses the most danger to the player and inspires terror in others.
Hogwarts Legacy is currently available on PS4, PS5, PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and Nintendo Switch.