Was Twitch right to pull down visuals of a streamer breastfeeding her baby?

Barida

May 2, 2019
I believe that women should be mindful of things that they do in the public and that includes this act of breastfeeding a baby while streaming.

She posted a visual on Twitch while feeding her baby and Twitch pulled it down.

What do you think of her reaction?

Nova

Feb 7, 2019
I think so it is wrong. People are not supposed to be watching what you do with personal life. And if you want to be adamant about it, better have the age filter and also NSFW tag. But we are talking about liberal twitch that can justify anything.

I as advertiser don't want to pay for breastfeeding streamers.

Lukecetion

Aug 4, 2019
Its quite simple. Twitch is a privately owned company with a set of rules. When you sign up to their site you agree to those rules and promise to uphold them or face the consequences. No matter how shallow or stupid that rule is to you, you've already agreed to it. If you visit someone else's house and they tell you to use the guest bathroom and not the main one, then you do that and you can't fault them for getting upset and angry with you if you don't do as they say. You've already agreed to it.

Barida

May 2, 2019
I think so it is wrong. People are not supposed to be watching what you do with personal life. And if you want to be adamant about it, better have the age filter and also NSFW tag. But we are talking about liberal twitch that can justify anything.

I as advertiser don't want to pay for breastfeeding streamers.

That's the point as I don't really understand the reason the lady I'm question should have done such. She didn't consider that some kids might as well be streaming and such visuals aren't okay for them at such age. Twitch don't even owe her an explanation for pulling such content down.

Lukecetion

Aug 4, 2019
That's the point as I don't really understand the reason the lady I'm question should have done such. She didn't consider that some kids might as well be streaming and such visuals aren't okay for them at such age. Twitch don't even owe her an explanation for pulling such content down.

Even if we lived in a world without kids, this should've have been an issue. The woman agreed to a set of rules, broke those rules, got punished and then started complaining about how it was everyone else's fault.

Nova

Feb 7, 2019
Imagine someone is on the homepage and they are there with the family where they want to view the sports commentary or so. And suddenly breastfeeding lady comes up. Next what? Some want to be intimate and stream it so it appears on homepage? No thanks. This needs to stop now or this whole liberal SJW thing will go out of hand.

Nova

Feb 7, 2019
Yep. I don't know what point is being proven by streaming that. I guess this seems like display of gender card in the twitch platform nothing else.

Nova

Feb 7, 2019
Yes I get that. And it works both ways. The person who shows the skin, retaliates saying why are you looking at chest area or other areas. And on same time they show it too. And they play the victim card. Twitch kind of played SJW card and given all such people some sort of umbrella.

Demon_skeith

Mar 24, 2019
No one needs to see it to be honest and I'm sure there are people who get off on that kind of that. The mother should be a shame of herself.

Nova

Feb 7, 2019
I think the thing about breastfeeding is that. If she wants she can do it at her own home or the public safe places where she can get privacy. Trying to stream it and cashing in on the SJW sympathy is not a nice way to do.

zoldos

Dec 12, 2018
I think the thing about breastfeeding is that. If she wants she can do it at her own home or the public safe places where she can get privacy. Trying to stream it and cashing in on the SJW sympathy is not a nice way to do.
It sure has caused a big uproar. Personally, it doesn't bother me either way. It's just a natural thing that females have been doing since the dawn of civilization.

Nova

Feb 7, 2019
If it is a natural thing why use it to stream and carry sympathy. The thing is it was used as a means to carry sympathy and make money. Which is wrong. If we keep on going by this logic even prostitution acts should be streamed too. What's wrong with that? it was there since dawn of civilization too.

zoldos

Dec 12, 2018
I'm not debating if it's okay to stream something like that on twitch. I'm simply saying for me personally, I find nothing wrong with it. If others do, then so be it.

Nova

Feb 7, 2019
Yeah I see the thing that some people are being tolerant of it. But in reality it's not that kind of good if you see from the broader perspective. Because things like that work in incremental scenario and things go spiral downwards with it.

Simitus

Feb 21, 2020
I believe that women should be mindful of things that they do in the public and that includes this act of breastfeeding a baby while streaming.

She posted a visual on Twitch while feeding her baby and Twitch pulled it down.

What do you think of her reaction?

Father of 3 here and I'd like to set the record straight on this, if my infant daughter will let me type for a minute, that is. Anyone who is coming down on this woman for feeding her child or *gasp* seeing a real life boob or even part of one for a minute or two in their lives need to take a pill and chill out. Look, the OP topic went there, so let's talk about breastfeeding for a minute and why it is more important than your extremely odd discomfort with real life breasts - although I'd like to address that point in order of importance - last.

1 - This is physiologically why women develop large mammary glands - to feed infant children. And for any who don't yet know this when women go through pregnancy one of the changes that occurs is that their breasts swell and produce milk. If she doesn't express this milk either into a child's mouth or a bottle this can cause the glands to clog and results in extremely painful inflammation. I'm not even sure there is a male equivalent to this sensation, but I am positive no male would want to experience it. In other words this is part of child birth and childcare, it is literally why breasts as we know them exist.

2 - now onto the child - the health benefits of breastmilk vs formula cannot be overstated, but I'll just address 1: it reinforces the child's immune system by getting access to antibodies from Mom's immune system. The skin to skin contact will also expose Mom to whatever baby has picked up, which her body will adapt to, providing a closed-loop extended immune system between two living beings. Formula cannot do that. Next, the infant child does not know or care about many things in life yet except when they are hungry, where Mom is and maybe weather or not they have pooped or have gas. Their world is quite small at that stage of life, and your opinion of when and how they should eat IS NOT part of it. Moms are emotionally keyed to respond to their children in ways that are difficult to understand if you have not been a parent. This ability to provide for young is what separates humans from much of the rest of the animal kingdom.

3 - finally, your feelings and why they are almost certainly hypocritical and irrelevant. For one, it is none of your business how or when a woman feeds her child. There are literally Federal laws now protecting the right of women to breastfeed in public. If you do consider that your business I invite you to listen to as many hours of screaming hungry children as you can bear to listen to and then reconsider your answer to that question. Finally, this sentiment is almost certainly hypocritical if you are a young man because let's face statistics strongly suggest you have seen more breasts on the internet than any 10 men in pre-Internet generations could even dream of seeing and think nothing of this.

Girls and women have it tough, Moms have it tougher. Lighten up and be nice to them.

Thomasss

Mar 11, 2020
I do not understand why this was done on a public gaming platform? I have been on Twitch recently and I have seen 13 year olds on live streaming their games, I can only imagine other kids, who I am sure are younger than that, watching that stream? Imagine your kid coming to you and asking questions all because of a live stream. Twitch has a set of rules and they are within their right to enforce their policies.

Nova

Feb 7, 2019
I do not understand why this was done on a public gaming platform? I have been on Twitch recently and I have seen 13 year olds on live streaming their games, I can only imagine other kids, who I am sure are younger than that, watching that stream? Imagine your kid coming to you and asking questions all because of a live stream. Twitch has a set of rules and they are within their right to enforce their policies.
My point is same. Using social justice excuse on one hand and breastfeeding or showing nudity to collect funds. That sounds like pure excuse of gender card. I mean you go on online streaming platform to breastfeed? Is that the type of content you wish to have on PG 13 streams? A lot of support streamer has gathered using social justice logic.

Simitus

Feb 21, 2020

Good grief young man. Twitch was in the wrong here. It is nothing to be ashamed of and they should not have to hide it. You think of breasts as sex objects because your animal hind brain associates breasts with child-rearing suitability. But the truth is they are not sex objects at all - they are biologically integrated drink dispensers. You are the one who was fooled here. If seeing boobs or children breastfeeding was harmful our species would not exist. This woman wasn't flashing the world with a private strip show, she was feeding a child mother's milk. Grow up.

Also, by 13 years of age you no longer are in control of what your young adult children see day by day. I'm pretty sure I had seen my first real boobs by that age. I mean, I'm not going to sit here and tell you how to raise your children - but you are lying to yourself if you think you can or should shelter a 13 year old from knowing what breasts really do.

Simitus

Feb 21, 2020
My point is same. Using social justice excuse on one hand and breastfeeding or showing nudity to collect funds. That sounds like pure excuse of gender card. I mean you go on online streaming platform to breastfeed? Is that the type of content you wish to have on PG 13 streams? A lot of support streamer has gathered using social justice logic.

This is not about social justice, no one is playing the gender card here. This is part of life for a Mother of a young child. They get hungry and want to eat weather you're playing a game or not. Why should they have to stop gaming just because they've got a kid? If a Mom can game while breastfeeding that kind of implies a higher skill level IMO

Thomasss

Mar 11, 2020
Good grief young man. Twitch was in the wrong here. It is nothing to be ashamed of and they should not have to hide it. You think of breasts as sex objects because your animal hind brain associates breasts with child-rearing suitability. But the truth is they are not sex objects at all - they are biologically integrated drink dispensers. You are the one who was fooled here. If seeing boobs or children breastfeeding was harmful our species would not exist. This woman wasn't flashing the world with a private strip show, she was feeding a child mother's milk. Grow up.

I totally understand where you are coming from - however, how is Twitch in the wrong for enforcing their own set of guidelines?

Simitus

Feb 21, 2020
I totally understand where you are coming from - however, how is Twitch in the wrong for enforcing their own set of guidelines?

Try to see this from her point of view. I don't even use Twitch but if I did and was in the middle of a game, baby wanted to nurse you're telling me to logoff, put the controller down and go to my room. This is discrimination. If that makes you uncomfortable I'm sorry, I really don't want to go SJW here because they really suck at getting their point across. So please rather than listen to some lecture on privilege (or not listen to it) just think of it as a teammember you're voting to kick. Not because they're not being good players, but because of a baby. Ultimately you're saying women with kids can't play, which might as well be saying women can't play.

Twitch's rule exists so their lawyers can exclude liability, the legalese needs a loophole for mothers breastfeeding or we are shunning Motherhood and taking a step back from the top of the food chain. I'd like my daughters to enjoy this hobby the way I did growing up.

Nova

Feb 7, 2019
This is not about social justice, no one is playing the gender card here. This is part of life for a Mother of a young child. They get hungry and want to eat weather you're playing a game or not. Why should they have to stop gaming just because they've got a kid? If a Mom can game while breastfeeding that kind of implies a higher skill level IMO
This is social justice crap. Nobody goes to stream breast feeding on streaming platform. No way this is defend-able nor justifiable. If you want to breastfeed, turn off feed and do your work. No need to show entire world that. Same goes with twitch thottery for donation.

Simitus

Feb 21, 2020
This is social justice crap. Nobody goes to stream breast feeding on streaming platform. No way this is defend-able nor justifiable. If you want to breastfeed, turn off feed and do your work. No need to show entire world that. Same goes with twitch thottery for donation.

Wrong. I'm not an SJW, I don't know anything about you except that you have some strange ideas / perhaps incomplete understanding of human anatomy. I am a husband and a Father. I'm not here to check your "privilege". I've stated my opinion, which comes from experience. If you were speaking from experience we would not be having an argument about what women get to do with their own boobs. Here's what I will tell you, and you're free to listen and understand but I'm not going to argue further about it: It really does not cost you anything to tolerate a woman nursing her child in at least respectful silence, and she should not have to do it in a way you find acceptable.

Paladin

Paradox of Nothingness
Oct 21, 2019

Let me step in for a second.
This thread is getting a little too heated, and some of the posts are borderline personal attacks against other users.
Everyone in this thread is free to state their opinion, but they should do it in a way that doesn't bash other users. Please keep that in mind.

Nova

Feb 7, 2019
Let me step in for a second.
This thread is getting a little too heated, and some of the posts are borderline personal attacks against other users.
Everyone in this thread is free to state their opinion, but they should do it in a way that doesn't bash other users. Please keep that in mind.
No way in any angle my post was personal attack towards anyone if you check entire thread. I stated what needs to be stated. Unless ofcourse your bias to the OP case comes in between your judgement of what stands for personal attacks to what are my posts and what I said.

Nova

Feb 7, 2019
It really does not cost you anything to tolerate a woman nursing her child in at least respectful silence, and she should not have to do it in a way you find acceptable.
Public streams are not for breastfeeding, nursing, thottery showcase in the excuse of being woman. Game streams are supposed to be games and gameplay not nursing, feeding, etc. especially on PG 13 places.

Wrong. I'm not an SJW, I don't know anything about you except that you have some strange ideas
Look your first post here screams of SJW tone especially the ending part. I don't even want to continue further considering today in this millennial feelings era and age SJW arguments are glorified and supported. So I am on the lower ground here. So yeah ignore me and my rants on the opposite side.

My 2 cents. And over for me.

MeowsePad

May 18, 2019
Father of 3 here and I'd like to set the record straight on this, if my infant daughter will let me type for a minute, that is. Anyone who is coming down on this woman for feeding her child or *gasp* seeing a real life boob or even part of one for a minute or two in their lives need to take a pill and chill out. Look, the OP topic went there, so let's talk about breastfeeding for a minute and why it is more important than your extremely odd discomfort with real life breasts - although I'd like to address that point in order of importance - last.
This. It's probably hard for people who have no children to understand. If I had to stop streaming every single time that I had to do something for my daughter, I'd never get to do it. My regular viewers are used to it and think it's funny.

Aries

Administrator
Nov 16, 2018

jt1086

Apr 13, 2020
While I don't have an issue with women breastfeeding in public, I definitely understand Twitch taking the stream down. There are set rules as far as most streaming services are concerned that must be followed.