Was Twitch right to pull down visuals of a streamer breastfeeding her baby?

Barida

Trophies
I believe that women should be mindful of things that they do in the public and that includes this act of breastfeeding a baby while streaming.

She posted a visual on Twitch while feeding her baby and Twitch pulled it down.

What do you think of her reaction?

I think so it is wrong. People are not supposed to be watching what you do with personal life. And if you want to be adamant about it, better have the age filter and also NSFW tag. But we are talking about liberal twitch that can justify anything.

I as advertiser don't want to pay for breastfeeding streamers.

Its quite simple. Twitch is a privately owned company with a set of rules. When you sign up to their site you agree to those rules and promise to uphold them or face the consequences. No matter how shallow or stupid that rule is to you, you've already agreed to it. If you visit someone else's house and they tell you to use the guest bathroom and not the main one, then you do that and you can't fault them for getting upset and angry with you if you don't do as they say. You've already agreed to it.

I think so it is wrong. People are not supposed to be watching what you do with personal life. And if you want to be adamant about it, better have the age filter and also NSFW tag. But we are talking about liberal twitch that can justify anything.

I as advertiser don't want to pay for breastfeeding streamers.

That's the point as I don't really understand the reason the lady I'm question should have done such. She didn't consider that some kids might as well be streaming and such visuals aren't okay for them at such age. Twitch don't even owe her an explanation for pulling such content down.

That's the point as I don't really understand the reason the lady I'm question should have done such. She didn't consider that some kids might as well be streaming and such visuals aren't okay for them at such age. Twitch don't even owe her an explanation for pulling such content down.

Even if we lived in a world without kids, this should've have been an issue. The woman agreed to a set of rules, broke those rules, got punished and then started complaining about how it was everyone else's fault.

Imagine someone is on the homepage and they are there with the family where they want to view the sports commentary or so. And suddenly breastfeeding lady comes up. Next what? Some want to be intimate and stream it so it appears on homepage? No thanks. This needs to stop now or this whole liberal SJW thing will go out of hand.

If its against the rules it is but honestly I think breastfeeding should be done in private.

Yep. I don't know what point is being proven by streaming that. I guess this seems like display of gender card in the twitch platform nothing else.

Yep. I don't know what point is being proven by streaming that. I guess this seems like display of gender card in the twitch platform nothing else.

A good thing to all the sex crazed people out there but still breaks the rules.

Yes I get that. And it works both ways. The person who shows the skin, retaliates saying why are you looking at chest area or other areas. And on same time they show it too. And they play the victim card. Twitch kind of played SJW card and given all such people some sort of umbrella.

No one needs to see it to be honest and I'm sure there are people who get off on that kind of that. The mother should be a shame of herself.

I think the thing about breastfeeding is that. If she wants she can do it at her own home or the public safe places where she can get privacy. Trying to stream it and cashing in on the SJW sympathy is not a nice way to do.

I think the thing about breastfeeding is that. If she wants she can do it at her own home or the public safe places where she can get privacy. Trying to stream it and cashing in on the SJW sympathy is not a nice way to do.
It sure has caused a big uproar. Personally, it doesn't bother me either way. It's just a natural thing that females have been doing since the dawn of civilization.

If it is a natural thing why use it to stream and carry sympathy. The thing is it was used as a means to carry sympathy and make money. Which is wrong. If we keep on going by this logic even prostitution acts should be streamed too. What's wrong with that? it was there since dawn of civilization too.

I'm not debating if it's okay to stream something like that on twitch. I'm simply saying for me personally, I find nothing wrong with it. If others do, then so be it.

Yeah I see the thing that some people are being tolerant of it. But in reality it's not that kind of good if you see from the broader perspective. Because things like that work in incremental scenario and things go spiral downwards with it.

I believe that women should be mindful of things that they do in the public and that includes this act of breastfeeding a baby while streaming.

She posted a visual on Twitch while feeding her baby and Twitch pulled it down.

What do you think of her reaction?

Father of 3 here and I'd like to set the record straight on this, if my infant daughter will let me type for a minute, that is. Anyone who is coming down on this woman for feeding her child or *gasp* seeing a real life boob or even part of one for a minute or two in their lives need to take a pill and chill out. Look, the OP topic went there, so let's talk about breastfeeding for a minute and why it is more important than your extremely odd discomfort with real life breasts - although I'd like to address that point in order of importance - last.

1 - This is physiologically why women develop large mammary glands - to feed infant children. And for any who don't yet know this when women go through pregnancy one of the changes that occurs is that their breasts swell and produce milk. If she doesn't express this milk either into a child's mouth or a bottle this can cause the glands to clog and results in extremely painful inflammation. I'm not even sure there is a male equivalent to this sensation, but I am positive no male would want to experience it. In other words this is part of child birth and childcare, it is literally why breasts as we know them exist.

2 - now onto the child - the health benefits of breastmilk vs formula cannot be overstated, but I'll just address 1: it reinforces the child's immune system by getting access to antibodies from Mom's immune system. The skin to skin contact will also expose Mom to whatever baby has picked up, which her body will adapt to, providing a closed-loop extended immune system between two living beings. Formula cannot do that. Next, the infant child does not know or care about many things in life yet except when they are hungry, where Mom is and maybe weather or not they have pooped or have gas. Their world is quite small at that stage of life, and your opinion of when and how they should eat IS NOT part of it. Moms are emotionally keyed to respond to their children in ways that are difficult to understand if you have not been a parent. This ability to provide for young is what separates humans from much of the rest of the animal kingdom.

3 - finally, your feelings and why they are almost certainly hypocritical and irrelevant. For one, it is none of your business how or when a woman feeds her child. There are literally Federal laws now protecting the right of women to breastfeed in public. If you do consider that your business I invite you to listen to as many hours of screaming hungry children as you can bear to listen to and then reconsider your answer to that question. Finally, this sentiment is almost certainly hypocritical if you are a young man because let's face statistics strongly suggest you have seen more breasts on the internet than any 10 men in pre-Internet generations could even dream of seeing and think nothing of this.

Girls and women have it tough, Moms have it tougher. Lighten up and be nice to them.

I do not understand why this was done on a public gaming platform? I have been on Twitch recently and I have seen 13 year olds on live streaming their games, I can only imagine other kids, who I am sure are younger than that, watching that stream? Imagine your kid coming to you and asking questions all because of a live stream. Twitch has a set of rules and they are within their right to enforce their policies.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back