Suggestions & Feedback Thread | JoyFreak

Suggestions & Feedback Thread

LividJay

I recommend installing an addon that allows for members to ignore particular forums. For example, I have no interest in seeing anything related to politics in my feeds. I think this addon may handle that: [TH] Ignore More

Aries

Administrator
Thanks for the suggestion.. It looks like that add-on is for XF1, I will look for a similar one for XF2 (y).

LividJay

Looks like we have two folks here who created accounts simply to put links in their profile to UI/Graphics designs services. Might be a good idea to setup some criteria to promote users to a group that can edit profile information. Obviously, this doesn't fully prevent that behavior but does typically slow down bots.

Aries

Administrator
I am aware and will look into putting in measures to prevent this from happening. (y)

Nerdface

Watched threads/replies seems to be on with email by default, and my inbox is full of notifications.

I suggest either changing this to watching without emails, or turning it off.

My initial activation email arrived in my Junk folder, and this may well be contributing to that.

Aries

Administrator
Seems to be on with email by default, and my inbox is full of notifications.

I suggest either changing this to watching without emails, or turning it off.

My initial activation email arrived in my Junk folder, and this may well be contributing to that.
Hey,

We have figured that this suggestion is preferable so we have changed the settings for:
"Watch content on creation" and "Watch content on interaction" to "Yes, without email" for new member registrations.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Mora

I thing as you might of noticed the Forums is manely focuced on just two Forums, so you might wanna consider a new classification to the it so you can get it to be a little balanced, that can get you the big numbers more spread.

Mora

As I'm writing this comment now, The General Gaming forum is still at the lead with over 645 messages, at the second place you have Video Games forum with 215 messages that's a gap of over 400 messages between the first and the second, then from there you have three more forums with a bit more than a hundred, the other five forums barely "get any"; and if you look into the lead forum in those 645 messages the threads are "less technical" than in the rest of the forums, at the moment I can't really think of a detailed classification to share but once I think of one i'll be happy to share it.

Mora

Here's what I think, the general gaming is vague but good, you can add a second forum and call it gaming story time or something like that where members get to talk about their own experiences, a third one could be trending, it's easier to talk about what's trending than to talk about "news", it's a gaming website so it' suppose to be more fun and out going, you can add another forum and call it critics, where members get to discuss the negative points of the games they played, then technical support and advices and such, and more images, it attracts the eye more than text. that's all I could think of for now I hope it helps a bit.

Last edited:

bittersweet

You have to be careful and balance new sections. You add too many, the community looks empty and it could drive away potential members. You don't add enough and wait too long to expand and you run into the issue of members not knowing where content should properly be posted.

I would certainly agree that a gaming news section should be added; but, maybe find a way to highlight or pin member reviews, walkthroughs or other member-created gaming content.

Ash

Is there a way to get a username change? I would like to get mine changed to Ash if possible.
Thanks

Alexander.

What do you think about implementing a point system for JoyFreak? We can then use our Points for monetary value items or forum upgrades!

Please share your thoughts on this suggestion.

Gopnik

Heya there. I think that it would be good for some small layout changes to be made. What exactly I have in mind is to move the sections with more activity upper in the board. So, here it is how it should looks by my suggestion:

- General Gaming
- Video Games
- Platforms
- Gaming News
- Esports

The marketplace and showcase placement is fine. But it would be good for the other ones to be moved a little bit. :)

Aries

Administrator
Thanks for your suggestion. I like this idea and we can give this a try. I will make the changes at some point in the week.

Malcolm

Hello there!

I was thinking perhaps JoyFreak should get the addon Advanced Forum Stats by AddonFlre. I believe it would increased forum activity, I use it on my site and so does Mind Piff.

Gopnik

I just got an idea in my head about a page with gaming deals and things related to that. A place where members that found some awesome game deals can share what they found with the rest of the community. It can be as simple as click on "Add New Deal" button and give information about it - video game name, price, description, link, expire date, etc. I think it's a better idea than creating a thread in the forum for every single deal. Well, it's not something important but a nice feature to have. :)

LividJay

I see you're making some changes again. Is the dark theme not yet available? I click the switcher on the left to go to dark theme, but it says page not found. I can't find an option to change to another theme elsewhere. This current light theme is killing my eyes...I'm not even sure if I have retinas anymore.

TopSilver

I like the theme but for it to be complete would be nice if there was a dark alternative for users who preferred dark. @JoyFreak isn't there a dark UI.X pro? You could probably work in a dark alternative easily and just copy over your template edits from UI.X pro light. Probably would mainly be copy/paste and not take as long I assume.

Yeah @JoyFreak it really would help with content discovery though this may be less of an issue for you now that you've combined most content into a couple sections. However it's just an idea. Maybe something to consider later down the road if anything

Yeah this would be a fantastic idea in my opinion. I vote yes for this. Maybe a sub-forum in gaming. Doesn't have to take up it's own section. @JoyFreak might want the site to grow a bit more first but maybe sometime down the road if not now would be a fantastic idea.

Jelineex

I find the new arrangement neat and nice. The white background looks appealing and easy to read font. It's a nice environment. Good job!(y)God bless everyone!

Kaynil

It is pretty neat to have an option to switch between light and dark. Both look pretty good as far as I have seen.
I'll stick with the light one but I definitely like seeing a dark theme option. :)

There is nothing better to waking up in the morning to see my email inbox spammed with reply notices of topics I never wanted to receive noticies on. Just curious how I can turn this off so my inbox is no longer spammed?

Aries

Administrator
There is nothing better to waking up in the morning to see my email inbox spammed with reply notices of topics I never wanted to receive noticies on. Just curious how I can turn this off so my inbox is no longer spammed?
Hi Demon_skeith

We understand your frustration and we are sorry you feel this way. Please feel free to change your preferences by simply turning off email notifications in content options.

We have turned email notifications off a while back due to a suggestion here but any registrations prior to that will still have the old settings and must manually be changed via the above.

Regards

itommy

Seem this forum is having less forum areas to discuss for member.

Do admins consider to add more and creating interesting topics for discussing?

Just my idea!

Aries

Administrator

Just my idea!
Hi itommy

There are two forums you can participate in: Gaming Forum and General Forum. There are many topics within those forums for you to engage in or you can create your own topics if you can't find what you are looking for.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards

blaqdu

Just my idea!
hey it would be more supper if you added some topics too but there are a lot of topics you can engage in..

itommy

Hi itommy

There are two forums you can participate in: Gaming Forum and General Forum. There are many topics within those forums for you to engage in or you can create your own topics if you can't find what you are looking for.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards
hey it would be more supper if you added some topics too but there are a lot of topics you can engage in..
I will try but I think they seem are old topics and had enough information thus it is hard to join these topics like that.

Ravenfreak

Hi, I find it easy to engage in the conversations here. However I do think perhaps the gaming forum could be split up to accommodate for retro gaming and modern gaming. That's just my two cents, the forum is fine without the two being split but it may make searching for topics a bit easier. :)

blaqdu

I will try but I think they seem are old topics and had enough information thus it is hard to join these topics like that.
right the good thing is that this is a friendly community you can ever join... feel free to bring up any topic ... apart from ... :sleep:

Smokey

Community Influencer
Verified
So what's the deal with signatures? Are we allowed to have signatures by any chance?

Paladin

JoyFreak Systems Model-101
I'm just wondering if the signature markup can be enabled, so that members can have access to signatures.

Aries

Administrator
Signatures will be a premium feature, only premium members and staff members can apply a signature. More details on this will be posted soon.

Smokey

Community Influencer
Verified
I feel Verified individuals should also gain access to signatures. It would give those of us who are "Verified" a little extra something. :)

Paladin

This is quite random, but it originally started after I made parody lyrics of a song in the "New Website Looks Great" thread. Carbon made a little comment about how there could be a possibility of merch...
Also, is that a suggestion I hear in the lyrics, future t-shirts and hats? It is very possible! JoyFreak, live on long!
and although I hadn't planned on making any, I decided to make some as an experiment. So JoyFreak has some semi-official merchandise now!

All four pieces of merchandise have witty comments and a tiny, tiny piece of text at the end that reads: "Designed by xenonVirus, inspired by Carbon et. al." (Et. al. meaning every single other member of the forum. Considering there are 912 of them, it would be hard to fit everyone's name on one piece of merchandise.

Without further ado, here are the four pieces of merchandise:
  1. JoyFreak shirt - the first one I made. Pretty simple concept, really. Has the JoyFreak logo on the front and back, as well as captions which I don't feel like spoiling. (I think it's cooler if you figure it out for yourself :) )
  2. JoyFreak hat. Pretty much identical in terms of logo and sayings, although it's a little snarkier than the T-shirt. (Read the left and right sides of the hat - you won't be disappointed.)
  3. JoyFreak mug. Like a coffee mug, but with the JoyFreak logo and a very simple premise.
  4. JoyFreak phone case. Made for the iPhone X (because that was the easiest option for me.) Obviously, I don't think we should only sell phone cases for the iPhone X, but that's the case right now. (Of course, it may change.)
I'm actually quite delighted by how they turned out. I hope you enjoy them as much as me. (These are just prototypes at the moment, so they're not final.)

If any of you would like to put funny quotes on the merch, feel free to submit your ideas right in this thread.

That's all!

Aries

Administrator
This is just pure genius! I absolutely adore every single one of your captions! I would totally buy the phone case if it came in the iPhone 11. I hope people love it as much as I have! Good work, must have taken you a while!

Paladin

Okay, I think I fixed the problem. Here's the new link, which should work. If it doesn't, there's still the screenshot.

(I tested it by signing out and visiting the link - it didn't ask me to sign in. I then signed in, and it worked fine. I did the same thing on Incognito mode and it let me see the phone case.)

If you still have any problem, let me know about it, and I'll do my best to solve it.

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Already have an account? Log in here.

Register

Create an account. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Top Bottom