News EVO 2020 cancelled after sexual assault allegation against organiser Joey Cuellar

Clout

Trophies
The online version of the Evolution Championship Series (better known as Evo) was canceled Thursday following accusations of sexual abuse made against its organizer and CEO, Joey Cuellar. Evo said in a statement on Twitter that it has relieved Cuellar from his responsibilities and is working to completely separate him from the company.

Over the past 24 hours, in response to serious allegations recently made public on Twitter, we have made the first in a series of important decisions regarding the future of our company,” the company said in the statement. “Progress doesn’t happen overnight, or without bravery of those who speak up against misconduct and injustice. We are saddened by these events, but we are listening and committed to making every change that will be necessary in making Evo a better model for the stronger, safer culture we all seek.

Most likely a smart move, they have to reorganize their upper management for sure and would be best to hold off on any events.

I am surprised though, some of the time we have to boycott a game or company because the owner is not right? Not sure how that goes but it seems like society tells us which game to play based on who and what owns the company and how moral they are. Not something I get in my head.

Most likely a smart move, they have to reorganize their upper management for sure and would be best to hold off on any events.
Yeah, I doubt people would turn up after the news broke out on this. It would probably backlash.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back