Ubisoft's VP resigns after sexual misconduct allegation

ubisofts-vp-resigns-after-sexual-misconduct-allegation.png

Ubisoft VP of Editorial, Maxime Beland, has resigned following allegations of sexual misconduct.

Beland and fellow VP Tommy Francois were suspended in June as a result of similar allegations. Ubisoft formed an internal group to “better solutions and tools to detect, report and resolve” further allegations at the same time.

The company advised in a statement:
Maxime Beland, Vice President Editorial, has resigned from his role at Ubisoft, effective immediately.

Despite his resignation, we continue to investigate the allegations made against him. Additionally, effective as of [Thursday], Tommy François, Vice President Editorial & Creative Services, has been placed on disciplinary leave pending the outcome of an investigation. One other individual in our Toronto studio has been terminated for engaging in behaviors that do not align with what is expected of Ubisoft employees. Other investigations are ongoing and will be conducted rigorously.

Ubisoft will not tolerate workplace misconduct and will continue taking disciplinary actions against anyone who engages in harassment, discrimination and other behaviors that infringe on our Code of Fair Conduct.

We'll keep you posted on Ubisoft's decision in regards to the two VPs.

A lot of twitter threads are open on this topic. I am wondering if he is going to be charged and trialed or this is pure speculation. I guess we will find out. Two things are certain out of this one being the CEO will be replaced and another being they will go through a lot of changes in chain of commands.

A lot of twitter threads are open on this topic. I am wondering if he is going to be charged and trialed or this is pure speculation. I guess we will find out. Two things are certain out of this one being the CEO will be replaced and another being they will go through a lot of changes in chain of commands.
I've always been one to want to see the evidence, but I used to default to leaning toward believing such allegations. But people have abused it so much in recent years, there have been so many allegations that have been proven false, or were simply not able to be proven one way or the other, that my default now is to lean toward such allegations being false.

Kind of like when I see a name associated with "racist". I used to default to assuming they were a bad person. But in the modern era, I default to they are likely a good person that just disagreed with the wrong folks, until they prove otherwise themselves.

That's just what happens with things of a serious nature get abused I suppose.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back