Ubisoft executives resign after sexual abuse allegations

ubisoft-executives-resign-after-sexual-abuse-allegations.jpg

Three Ubisoft executives have resigned after sexual abuse allegations, a new report suggests.

Bloomberg reports that Yannis Mallat, Managing Director of Ubisoft’s Canada-based studios, has stepped down from his role effective immediately. He’s joined by the resignation of Serge Hascoët, Chief Creative Officer, and Cécile Cornet, Global Head of HR.

A statement from Ubisoft regarding Mallat reads:
The recent allegations that have come to light in Canada against multiple employees make it impossible for him to continue in this position.

CEO Yves Guillemot added:
Ubisoft has fallen short in its obligation to guarantee a safe and inclusive workplace environment for its employees. This is unacceptable, as toxic behaviors are in direct contrast to values on which I have never compromised — and never will.

Guillemot will step into the role vacated by Hascoët for the time being; replacements for the other two positions will be appointed in the future.

Ubisoft has also seen the resignations of Maxime Beland, a Ubisoft VP of Editorial, and Ashraf Ismail, Creative Director of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, in the aftermath of sexual misconduct allegations. Fellow VP Tommy Francois was reportedly suspended in late June alongside Beland, as a result of similar allegations.

Seems like Ubisoft are in the midst of a real purge, and while it's shocking to see so many of their higher ups involved in such controversies, it's good that they're acting on these allegations with swift positional changes.

while this kind of culture is condemned and should be changed ASAP,

I think the possibility of vivendi hostile take over is on the loom, damn.....

I wonder if this is a new pattern. like if you want CEO to be replaced, you send a female over and then she cries seuxal harassment. and boom the CEO is out of the board. This sounds like the new situation and the approach like this woould be used to kill many companies around the world.

I wonder if this is a new pattern. like if you want CEO to be replaced, you send a female over and then she cries seuxal harassment. and boom the CEO is out of the board. This sounds like the new situation and the approach like this woould be used to kill many companies around the world.
I would assume these people are leaving their posts because there is sufficient evidence for them having done what they are accused of doing, not simply because the accusation was made. While I'm sure some have or will try to turn it into a Salem Witch Trials or McCarthyanistic experiment where they do randomly accuse people, I would hope that accusations alone are not enough to have someone removed. The ones that are resigning just now likely have substantial evidence proving the allegations correct, meaning they weren't just labeled and fired. At least I hope not, because that's a dark path to start down.

Yikes I wonder what this will mean for Ubisoft as a whole...

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back