Do you game in the night or day?

Alexander.

Most of us at JoyFreak play and participate in gaming one way or another, whether that's PC, mobile, or console gaming. Do you prefer playing during Night Time or throughout the Day Time, and why? Did any commitments such as work and chores influence your decision in anyway?

Nova

I have no personal preference regarding the time of the day when the game should be played. It all comes down to the boredom. If I get bored I just make sure to just play during the day time or night time accordingly. Most of the time I do play mobile games mostly at night like Mobile Legends.

gpumag

I think the day and night choice is irrelevant to play a game. According to me, when you are off of work or day to day schedule you can play anytime.

Shoemaker

Depends on how busy the day was. Usually i prefer evening/late evening, but if the day was tiring, gaming afterwards isn't as enjoyable

Clout

It all depends. I don’t have a preference in particular, it’s more about how I’m feeling at the time. It could be that I want to game at night or in the day and that just happens to be the way it is! Although I’ve found myself to enjoy it more at night when the lights are dimmed.

Ash

It depends on how much free time I have, to be honest. Right now with all the COVID-19 stuff happening, I have a lot of free time throughout the day so I'm gaming at various points throughout the day. But usually I tend to only game in the evening/night.

Deleted member 3118

When we first started our YouTube gaming channel we were RoBnLoZ HoRRoR GaMinG so we only played the games once it got dark as they were horror games but now we are RoBnLoZ GaMinG we game both day and night as we play all game types now

Empire

Both, but I only game till 10pm and no more no later. There is always a set time when you can do so much that you need to stop. I stream from 7pm till 10pm and maybe home all day then early as from 2pm but at times we need breaks

ARx182

My self consciousness does not allow me to use my PC at night; most of my family is asleep and my PC isn’t as quiet as I would like it to be. If I lived on my own, that would probably change. In terms of mobile gaming, I don’t really play many mobile games anymore but when I do I just play them whenever I feel like it, there isn’t a specific time of day I prefer.

Paladin

Paradox of Nothingness
I used to game in the night, usually after 6:00 or 7:00 pm. Now, considering the current world situation, I can rack up gaming hours in the day, too.

Mr. Hexagon

My self consciousness does not allow me to use my PC at night; most of my family is asleep and my PC isn’t as quiet as I would like it to be. If I lived on my own, that would probably change. In terms of mobile gaming, I don’t really play many mobile games anymore but when I do I just play them whenever I feel like it, there isn’t a specific time of day I prefer.

Mobile is becoming better than it used to be. PC is still the best but I've found myself playing more and more phone games. I used to hate them. But they are so bright and colorful and hyperstimulating I just can't help myself anymore. It gets the endorphins moving!

nstout83

I prefer playing at night when the temperature is cool. I usually play for 4-5 hours. I just make sure that I get to sleep before 1AM. What I love about my computer setup is that my 4k monitor doesnt hurt my eyes even after a few hours of gaming. If youre planning on upgrading your monitor, you should visit this website.

Last edited:

22_22

I prefer to play my games in the evening after I have enjoyed a pleasant day out in the sunshine and had my dinner. Doing so makes me feel like I have achieved more in the real world but also leave me with enough time to switch off and enjoy myself in the virtual world.

However, in these troubled times, I find myself gaming in the days as a means of passing time and keeping sane since there is not really much else that I can do right now.

David1207

I'm not much into gaming. I play games whenever I had to refresh my mind after getting bored from the work. I generally play in day and avoid playing in night.

MicroNort

Week days normally around 6pm to 7.30pm. Weekends, depends if I have any plans. If a lazy day at home, probably all across the day (probably 4 hours in total). If I do anything, maybe a couple of hours later in the day (9pm onwards).