Which of these top PC games do you like?

Jayson

Trophies
The best games for PC

Who hasn't wanted to captain their own spaceship? Well, after a few hours of FTL: Faster Than Light, you might be rethinking your life goals. FTL is a roguelike, which means every game starts from the same spot. All you have to do is travel through a number of star systems, recruiting crew members and collecting scrap as you make your way towards a final showdown against a stupidly overpowered ship. Gameplay is roughly divided between a map view, where you can take as much time as you like to chart the most efficient route to your goal, and combat events which play out in real-time (although you can and will be using a pause button to slow things down).

Where the real fun comes in is in the narrative, which plays out in two ways. There's the structured side, where every so often you'll be asked to make decisions that may improve or hinder your chances of survival. And then there's the natural story you create for yourselves, as you're forced to decide, for example, whether it's worth sacrificing a crew member for the greater good.

When I was a youth, I liked submarine games quite a bit - so perhaps I'd like this one. Who likes those types of games? Anyway, I believe the game I liked was called Silent Service, but it's been probably 30 years since I played it.

Now, honestly, the drawback of the game quoted - is the fact you don't seem to fight enemies as you play, only at the end. Now, the submarine game I mentioned, of course, would have you fight other ships quite often.

Last edited:

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back