Do you invest real money in games?

Heatman

Some games are designed for the gamers to make in game purchases of upgrades and features to enable them have a very good gaming experience with the game.

How much have you invested in making in game purchases so far?

mhingnhormz

Do you invest real money in game: I am a MOBA player one but as of now i didn't come to the point investing a real money for the games aside of paying an internet bills because I also value the worth of the money. In terms of updating my games I usually just wait for a time that the system gives some gift and that what I will use for the new feature of that certain game.

When I started working and started earning my own income, I convinced myself that I will never ever use my hard earned money on games I play and for a few months I was able to do that. I was very proud of myself. Then one day I got so addicted to this one game ( I can't even remember the name of the game now), I did just the opposite of that. I invested so much money that I was really regretful for a long time. After that, I never really invested money again.

PolySa

Yes, but it depends on the selection of games whether the game can give enough return or not. For example in some games, you pay money to make your stuff look better or have better weapons or such things. I hate that kind of games that paying money makes you superior over another.

chi92

Where I come from it's been considered even "shameful" to invest money into something like a video game, even to buy it, since we are used to cracked versions of everything, because there is no control by the law whatsoever. I think that is changing now, especially with new generations, and I am happy about that. I do pay for a game itself, or to unlock a new level/feature, but I would not give the money just to make my character prettier :p

Camelie

The only time I 'invest' real money in games is to purchase the game itself. I don't like spending cash on cosmetic changes when there's a lot of more tangible and important things that I need. I mean, if I manage to get in-game premium currency through events, then all is well and good. But I won't put anything more than my initial investment. Pivotal DLCs are different, though.

But if you mean in games like League of Legends, or Overwatch? No, I don't spend money in-game either.

Mirre

Yes, but it depends on the selection of games whether I like it or not and if the game can give enough return or not. I am not quite skilled in real money games but before playing such games, I have collected all the mandatory information about overall aspects to achieve the target that needs to be achieved.

Last edited:

Bravosi

Rarely. If there's something really good out there I want badly. I only paid for WoW, Nosgoth, CSGO and Mount & Blade.

dzonyfox2

Very, very, very rarely. Only if I really like something and I can't get it through gameplay, only if buying it is the only way to get it. And off course, it must be cheap.

The only money investments are in the video game machine and the games I want to buy (that's enough!). I don't spend money buying accessories or facilities that are offered by the games to reach higher levels (which in my opinion, it's a waste of money).

Jelineex

I will never invest or purchase a video games since I can play for free. I am lucky enough to have friends who are willing to share and invite me to consumed their gaming investment. I don't feel the need to buy one since video games is not my priority. I am happy and contented to play whatever is available. Every game has it's own level of excitement. We just have to enjoy it.

Erika1358

I haven't invested money in games and will never invest in it. For me, it is a waste of money and good games should make you enjoy the experience without having to force you to pay for it. I believe that games should be for fun and not an additional burden to my wallet.

charmania

I haven't invested any money in game though I have encountered a lot of promotions and ads about. I saw a lot of interesting games but they would always require expensive upgrades and purchases so I tend to avoid it. I just focus on free games. I think about gaming us a recreational hobby so I never really think about spending money for it.

Lizardbro

Nope, and I probably never will. I will just pay for the game and most likely play it how it is without an upgrade.

theresajane

Well, I think that I invest through spending on internet connection, hoping that I could gain fun on online games. Anyway, it's a good stress reliever and a good pastime. I think it's not bad to use just a small portion of your money on ames, as long as you know your priorities.

Marako0406

No for sure because someone wins and someone loses. I would go for free games or modded apps. I mean that's just me being practical. But if I have extra bucks for it, well maybe I would invest on games that I am really hooked in to.

Mora

Not with my personal incomes, I would feel so guilty if I do so, But I have a friend a rich one, he spend crazy cash on each game he play, so if he offers I don't reject, I use to play league of legends, and this guy bought like tens of skins, (skins is like persona looks in the game) the cost a fair amount that I'm never up to pay from my own money, but he did any way and I got to enjoy some of them.

Bergstein

I have invested some money in games - but not a significant amount. A few years back my son did decide to invest a wack of money at once - over $300 of upgrades, with my visa and without my knowledge! o_O We laugh about it now.

Dyed-_-blue

I try to keep from investing in games that I love to play. The thing is I might too hooked on it and end up paying more than I should. There was a time I did bought a legendary item from off a game and it turned out, they would give it away later in the game. It really got me frustrated and I ended up leaving the game. So these days I just play til I get to highest levels without even paying a single buck. Yeah it sure takes longer but that is what makes the game more exciting.

Ash

I've spent money once for something in games but it wasn't the official way. I'm sure everyone is aware that you can buy cash for Grand Theft Auto Online (sharkcards basically). When the game came to the current generation consoles, they stopped really caring about old gen so people hacked the game/their consoles and basically were able to get unlimited money on accounts. I paid $5 for a guy to create an account for me with billions and then I transferred the account to current generation. That's the only time I ever paid for something in game :D