Batteries

Batteries will be required for most controllers, remotes and other electrical equipment. Do you buy rechargeable or disposable batteries after use? Which type and why do you prefer to use?

marteebe

Article Author
Verified
I always head for rechargeable ones myself - mainly because it's a huge and annoying pain in the backside to be going out every time my controller dies to grab yet another pack of batteries. At least with rechargeable it's a bit easier to just whack them into a charger and let them charge up whilst you wear out the other ones, swap them around and rinse and repeat. I just go for cheap ones myself - all the same in my eyes really although I'm sure they're actually not lol.

Nova

I think rechargeable is still better option for the long term. I mean we play as long as controllers and the stick works out. So rechargeable is always better in that context.

Jerlene

I try to buy rechargeable batteries only but I can't resist a good sale so it depends on which ones are the cheaper ones. I do like that with rechargeable batteries I can just fly the dead batteries in the freezer and come back to it the next day, or whenever I need them. So if I HAD to choose one, I would definitely go with rechargeable.