Augmented reality horror game on mobile?

Nova

I know people have loved the pokemon go game. And that see the creature in the phone stuff can be fun. And many horror game studios can make those type of games and scare the hell out of us. I mean imagine we doing that at night. It can get us scared.

What do you think does the horror games have potential with this sort of concept?

Ahrakeen

Sadly horror games won't work in this manner. Horror is about the uncomfertable, the sense of dread. you need alot of work to get that doing. augmented reality is just the visual and the sound but given augmented rality in this aspect only gives a alternate view of reality. it is not able to build it up like silent hill would as an example. horror for it to work needs a mix of heaven and hell but if heaven is just around the corner. you can't really get it working

Abizaga

Or maybe it would be some kind of meta type of deal like in those creepypastas where it reads your name and apps to you?

Abizaga

Yeah like if it read apps, your name and contacts to you, it could leave cryptic or maybe even vaguely threatening notifications or something.

Ahrakeen

Well if i had a team wanting to do this. i think a demo could be done in six months. there is aspects to augmented reality that open lot of possibillities. personally i always wanted to do a augmented reality dungeon

Abizaga

That would be pretty damn cool. I still like the meta idea maybe with a creature stalking the player in real time or something.

Nova

Well if i had a team wanting to do this. i think a demo could be done in six months. there is aspects to augmented reality that open lot of possibillities. personally i always wanted to do a augmented reality dungeon
Try making a MOBA in the augmented reality if horror is not your thing. I'd love to play the MOBA type games in such genre.

Nova

I think the MOBA map won't be an issue. The issue would be character handling and also the amount of data it can take for playing with people from all around the world. I think we have yet to have 5G and with that chinese virus, it'd be harder to have that but till then a lot of development can be done.

Abizaga

Oh that's true. On a data plan a project that huge and with a ton of players and stuff going on at once would be a serious drain.

Ahrakeen

5g is not needed for such a thing.not more complicated then doing pokemon go. if anyone i seriously intersted and got talent. why don't we try make this moba happen?

Ahrakeen

depends on how one would go for it. altough a ar dungeon would be easier. like a themepark sort of thing. could be fun especially if you add it to a crypto system

Nova

5g is not needed for such a thing.not more complicated then doing pokemon go. if anyone i seriously intersted and got talent. why don't we try make this moba happen?
5G is necessary if you attempt to do a lot with the content. Typical pokemon Go type stuff wont require much data but MOBA will if made graphically strong.

Nova

Considering the work from home and isolation rules, the 4G is tanking a lot lately. And for that reason even Netflix was told to avoid 4K and HD streams. I guess that's one reason even the game would require higher speed in case if more people play it.

Ahrakeen

5g is only good in terms of speed of data. but there is ways around it you don't need that high speed. it's all about how you package the data packs. and 4g can handle it rather well. especially since it's more about the source you conncet to as long as it can handle the traffic there is not a issue

Ahrakeen

well this is why setting up play areas like a shopping mall could be the trick to it. takes me again back to the idea of turning a warehouse into a augmented reality dungeon. a play ground with a virtual prize at the end.

Nova

5g is only good in terms of speed of data. but there is ways around it you don't need that high speed. it's all about how you package the data packs. and 4g can handle it rather well. especially since it's more about the source you conncet to as long as it can handle the traffic there is not a issue
I think we dont know much about 5G with the load. I am guessing the thing is that in near future it becomes common like the 4G and 3G. I am sure in such case the game playing and the overall good gaming experience would be fun to try out too.

Nova

Apart from 5G thing. The augmented world has lot of things to offer like say work can be gamified too with it. Like making people walk certain distance and also get them to do tasks which can make horror like games and make them have fun with their community.

Top Bottom