Augmented reality horror game on mobile?

Nova

Trophies
I know people have loved the pokemon go game. And that see the creature in the phone stuff can be fun. And many horror game studios can make those type of games and scare the hell out of us. I mean imagine we doing that at night. It can get us scared.

What do you think does the horror games have potential with this sort of concept?

Sadly horror games won't work in this manner. Horror is about the uncomfertable, the sense of dread. you need alot of work to get that doing. augmented reality is just the visual and the sound but given augmented rality in this aspect only gives a alternate view of reality. it is not able to build it up like silent hill would as an example. horror for it to work needs a mix of heaven and hell but if heaven is just around the corner. you can't really get it working

Yeah I'm genuinely curious how they would plan to have something like that work.

only thing that could work is jump scares. but jump scares is not really horror its a suprise. suprise can work for many things

Or maybe it would be some kind of meta type of deal like in those creepypastas where it reads your name and apps to you?

creepypasta? now that can work. psychological horror? yes it can work it at least sets the scene so to speak

Yeah like if it read apps, your name and contacts to you, it could leave cryptic or maybe even vaguely threatening notifications or something.

not enough. it needs to create stories. like rooms that you can explore with the storiy. like you are seeing the aftermath a mystery

Hmmm, true. It makes me very curious how they would make that fully work.

Well if i had a team wanting to do this. i think a demo could be done in six months. there is aspects to augmented reality that open lot of possibillities. personally i always wanted to do a augmented reality dungeon

That would be pretty damn cool. I still like the meta idea maybe with a creature stalking the player in real time or something.

Well if i had a team wanting to do this. i think a demo could be done in six months. there is aspects to augmented reality that open lot of possibillities. personally i always wanted to do a augmented reality dungeon
Try making a MOBA in the augmented reality if horror is not your thing. I'd love to play the MOBA type games in such genre.

Try making a MOBA in the augmented reality if horror is not your thing. I'd love to play the MOBA type games in such genre.

I second this! I really enjoy MOBA, but MOBA AR would be even better.

An augmented reality moba? How would that look, I wonder?

I think the MOBA map won't be an issue. The issue would be character handling and also the amount of data it can take for playing with people from all around the world. I think we have yet to have 5G and with that chinese virus, it'd be harder to have that but till then a lot of development can be done.

Oh that's true. On a data plan a project that huge and with a ton of players and stuff going on at once would be a serious drain.

5g is not needed for such a thing.not more complicated then doing pokemon go. if anyone i seriously intersted and got talent. why don't we try make this moba happen?

It would be a drain, still. If played without an unlimited data plan, tge game would burn through it.

not if you culd cooperate with fastfood joints and malls. this could revitalise the malls

It would but it would limit accessibility to wifi which would limit space more than pokemon go.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back