There's aspects to the Internet now that just makes me want to retire from it...

Broken Shotgun

Trophies
Pushing on ahead, I intend to use forums significantly less now and aim to do more offline stuff. I also abandoned any hope of becoming a YouTuber, as it just attracts stalkers, and people are inclined to disobey rules, commit virtual vigilance, shill for companies, and you know? Mess around too much.

I think you will agree that the majority of forums for gaming dipped in both quality and activity over the last decade. We all know social media played a big hand in that coming about. I also tried to get some of my accounts online deleted, and it clearly upsets who we will just refer to as, "the Australian guy." But it was entirely my own choice to do so.

Quite frankly though, I grew tired of the illogical responses I was noticing in some threads. Whether these were my threads or just topics I was replying in at the time the posts were submitted. It gradually dawned on me that, wow. These people just aren't awfully intelligent, nice, sane, or whatever. Why bother being involved when this is all you see? Not to mention these ugly dark skins.

Anyway, what do you think? Twitter blows as the rebranded X. Right?

Online can be both brutal and rewarding
How will you approach the challenge is maybe a better line of thought

Online can be both brutal and rewarding
How will you approach the challenge is maybe a better line of thought

Great advice, because dealing with toxic behaviour, stalking and harassment is exactly the same thing as reevaluating your strategy against a fucking video game boss!

What kind of a moron would describe dealing with that sort of shit "a challenge"? Oh wait, I know, it would be you, because you are that toxic element. You are a bully. You have engaged in this very harassment on this very forum. Even if your advice made any sense, who are you to give it in first place? Why should anybody listen to you?

Great advice, because dealing with toxic behaviour, stalking and harassment is exactly the same thing as reevaluating your strategy against a fucking video game boss!

What kind of a moron would describe dealing with that sort of shit "a challenge"? Oh wait, I know, it would be you, because you are that toxic element. You are a bully. You have engaged in this very harassment on this very forum. Even if your advice made any sense, who are you to give it in first place? Why should anybody listen to you?
Why would anyone respond to your projecting...

I think dating websites are a waste of time as well. They basically get you to upgrade to see who "liked" your profile, but then you soon notice the accounts that supposedly tagged you are not there any longer.

Gee. That's so not suspicious at all. Huh?

Baiting should be illegal, but it's not. It's just up to you to report anything that doesn't look right. And then hope they do their job.

Wikipedia is full of useful information like discographies and stuff. I rarely edit anything, because I reckon some biased prick will soon revert what I just spent 15 minutes typing out, even after citing the darn contribution. Even those wikis on Fandom are pointless, because they're too niche, and Wikipedia probably covers the same info, just more so abbreviated.

YouTube is full of clannish people. It's like they see some channels as a higher power, and just agree with them for the hell of it. I think it also applies to forums, but YouTube is full of people just plugging stuff and saying things to get money. No honesty involved.

I don't care about that, to be honest. If you cannot like what you like and be honest about games or something else, it reflects badly on one's character.

"Oh, I gotta say what they want to hear or I won't fit in with other fans, or make a dime!"

Like I said, many people online aren't the full shilling, and I think they're probably kind of doing it on purpose. Because I sometimes wonder if they proof read what they add, because it's like they're just doing it to be contrary. I just hate awkwardly worded statements.

But I swear, though. Most of Capcom's fanboys are sheepishly foolish when it comes to supporting this company. You can provide evidence of them copying other games, yet they insist you could be just moaning over nothing. So come again. You know? It's absolutely pointless to continue.

Nah, bro. That's totally false, and I have never hung in with people like that. But this is all too commonplace online.

The only truly active forums for games talk in this day of age, are NeoGAF and GameFAQs. The latter only has several logical users presently contributing. The rest are just the typical bunch of, "If you don't like a series any more, please go kill yourself" types.

Basically, I had someone saying to me on Biohaze that if the first RE game has these lizard things with vaginas, it should be okay to have werewolves and vampires.

Like... WHAT? What drugs is this person abusing, to say something as dumb as that?

It's not even grounded in reality. RE is a series that is horror, but it's based on a scientific explanation with viruses turning civilians into zombies. A virus causes that to occur. So having vampires is really too "out there" to be taken in any way seriously. But there you go.

Fans are sometimes so enamored with something, that even when they alter it and it clearly should be obvious it's being degraded, and it's kind of embarrassing to see this unfolding, they essentially don't care. If anything, they will tell you to get your ass on the boat and leave the harbour.

Then you get people complaining about Konami over the whole Hideo Kojima baloney, instead of just being grateful they finally decided to revive a long dormant franchise that isn't just some overrated demo with jump scares, for a cancelled project.

That happened way back in 2015, so it's time to somewhat get over the grudge. He never even made the series relevant to begin with either. It was Team Silent. So how come this guy gets more recognition than they do? Come on, eh?

I mean, seriously.

Neo-gaf banned me for having a different political ideology
The grudge is theirs not mine

Besides Neo is a bad word.....

I'd love to know why the same troll subscribes to me on YouTube, knowing he just gets blocked anyway. It's so pointless to keep on doing that.

They love doing their usual mental gymnastics, I guess.

There's no reason to be sad Broken Shotgun after finding out the history of the site it is kind of disgusting that it still operates
Looks like the majority voted for Reset, leaving only a handful of sympathizers what's the motives there I wonder

I got banned on NeoGAF twice.

They're not the full shilling. But I don't care. I know you can tell people Capcom copied Silent Hill for RE8, and previously copied other games, or films. Nobody cares. I've experienced the same crap on many a post board.

All you can do is be honest, with a degree of evidence provided to back up what you're saying. So I don't understand their mentality though, as it's pretty obvious they just like to jump on the first bandwagon that comes by.

Nobody wants to read self entitlement and when you add that into the moderation it creates the clan like atmosphere
The idea of a discussion site is lost when everyone agrees and its boring - who wants to go to work twice in a day

That may be true, but it depends on the quality of the postings being made. For example, if you explain something and add a strong degree of proof that a company ripped off something that was previously released by someone else, people continuing to deny it would just make themselves look foolish.

Unfortunately, that's just how it is with everything in entertainment.

I understand that the internet has evolved in various ways, both positive and negative, which can lead to feelings of frustration or overwhelm. If you're considering stepping back from certain aspects of the internet, here are a few suggestions to help you navigate your online experience:

1. Manage Your Online Presence: Evaluate your social media accounts and online interactions. Consider reducing your time spent on platforms that are causing stress or negative feelings. Unfollow or mute accounts that consistently contribute to negativity.
  2. Digital Detox: Take periodic breaks from the internet. Designate certain times of day or days of the week to disconnect and focus on offline activities. This can help you reset and reduce digital fatigue.
  3. Curate Your Content: Seek out websites, forums, and communities that provide positive and valuable content. There are plenty of online spaces that are focused on constructive discussions, learning, and creativity.
  4. Practice Online Etiquette: Online interactions can sometimes lack the nuance of face-to-face conversations. Always strive for respectful communication, even if you disagree with others. Remember that there are real people behind the screens.

I'm handing in my well deserved OG Resident Evil badge now, because after 20 long years, there is nothing left to accomplish. ?‍♂️ ?

It was some ride, though. ?

And a toast is certainly in order. ?

Latest content

Back