Promote your video game research and surveys here

I'm Suzannah, a 36 y/o gamer from the U.K. I am also a full time PhD student, completing my dream PhD looking at gaming, wellbeing and cognitive skills. I am currently working on the gaming and wellbeing element of my PhD and would like to invite you all to participate in my research if you are able to. Games often get such negative press, which I think is certainly not justified. Which is really what my research is aiming to do.
If you are able to help me out in my mission for gaming to be seen in a more positive light, please complete my questionnaire.
In order to take part you must be over the age of 18, be fluent (doesn't have to be native) in the English language (this is because there is a lot of reading involved) and free from any significant learning difficulty (again this is due to the amount of reading involved). There is also a chance to win £50 in Amazon vouchers for completing the questionnaire. This is a lottery which will be drawn once data collection has ended.

As I am a new member to this forum I am unable to post the link to my study, however, if any of you would be happy to complete it please get in touch so that I can send you a link.

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!

Hello all,

I'm a Master student at University of Liechtenstein and working on a research project pertaining to various aspects about the players of online video games. It should only take about 10 minutes and is available here: forms.gle/cQiK8nBPYpzTmt9n8

We will first ask questions about yourself (demographics and personality - you can "prefer not to answer" for all of these questions), and then some high-level questions about the games you play and your knowledge about them.

We invite you to participate for the sake of a potentially crucial contribution to video games research. The results will be shared and discussed within Q1 2024.

Feel free to ask any questions below or reach out to us via the contact email provided in the survey.

Many thanks in advance!

Hello everyone!
I'm a game development masters student of the School of Informatics. I am doing a study on esports and esports spectatorship for a master thesis. If you watch esports, I would like to invite you to take this survey.
It’s anonymous and you can withdraw at any time.
The survey takes around 4 minutes to complete. Your input is greatly appreciated!
The link to the survey is https://forms.gle/LzEQPWvXcqUCEPwQ9
If you want more information, feel free to contact me, or read this paper about the topic of esports spectatorship
eSports: How Do Video Game Aspects Define Competitive Gaming Streams and Spectatorship | SpringerLink

Hello fellow gamers,

We're a pair of Master's students delving into the rapidly changing world of subscription models in the video game industry. As part of our thesis, we have crafted a survey and would greatly appreciate your participation. Your input will shed light on player preferences, usage habits, and perceptions regarding game library subscription services like Xbox Game Pass, PlayStation Plus, Ubisoft+, and others.

The survey is brief, taking only about 5-10 minutes to complete. Rest assured, it's anonymous and strictly for academic research purposes.

Whether you're a casual gamer or a dedicated enthusiast, your insights are invaluable to us!

You can access the survey through this link: https://survey.au.dk/LinkCollector?key=DDDJU2EMLJ3K

We hope that you will take the time to assist us with our Master's Thesis.

Thank you!

Hello fellow gamers,

We're a pair of Master's students delving into the rapidly changing world of subscription models in the video game industry. As part of our thesis, we have crafted a survey and would greatly appreciate your participation. Your input will shed light on player preferences, usage habits, and perceptions regarding game library subscription services like Xbox Game Pass, PlayStation Plus, Ubisoft+, and others.

The survey is brief, taking only about 5-10 minutes to complete. Rest assured, it's anonymous and strictly for academic research purposes.

Whether you're a casual gamer or a dedicated enthusiast, your insights are invaluable to us!

You can access the survey through this link: https://survey.au.dk/LinkCollector?key=DDDJU2EMLJ3K

We hope that you will take the time to assist us with our Master's Thesis.

Thank you!

So let me get this straight. You want us to help you figure out how to help the game industry extract yet more money from us?

No, thank you.

So let me get this straight. You want us to help you figure out how to help the game industry extract yet more money from us?

No, thank you.

I understand your point of view. However, this survey isn't about how companies can gain more subscribers, but rather whether this model will be accepted by players and what they value in these subscriptions, including what they like about it.

So, if you don't like the subscription model, your response will still be valid and helpful. We find this topic interesting because the world is moving towards subscriptions, yet the gaming industry seems to be a challenging sector to apply this model.

So, this is merely a master's thesis by two game enthusiasts seeking to understand this gaming model, including what people like and don't like about it. It is for research purposes only, and no companies will see it.

I understand your point of view. However, this survey isn't about how companies can gain more subscribers, but rather whether this model will be accepted by players and what they value in these subscriptions, including what they like about it.

So, if you don't like the subscription model, your response will still be valid and helpful. We find this topic interesting because the world is moving towards subscriptions, yet the gaming industry seems to be a challenging sector to apply this model.

So, this is merely a master's thesis by two game enthusiasts seeking to understand this gaming model, including what people like and don't like about it. It is for research purposes only, and no companies will see it.

Even if you're telling me the truth, all that means is that instead of sending that information to "interested parties" now, you'll take what is learned into the world eventually to the same "interested parties" later. You would have to as that information literally has no other use. And that's assuming whoever it is you will turn this project into doesn't intend to sell the data to companies without your knowledge.

If these "surveys" are only about academic study, why are always so specifically focused on commercially valuable data? If this was only about training, then why not focus on something more innocuous? But no, they are always about spending habits, whare one see's advertisements, what in-app purchases appeal more than others and so on. That's why I don't trust these surveys, they never make sense in the context they are presented. It's like if aliens landed and handed out surveys to people asking them what our most vulnerable infrastructures are, names of world leaders and what parts of our bodies are most effective to stab with them claiming "It's just for study, we promise!". Would you trust that?

I don't know if you're trying to fool me or if somebody else is fooling you, but there is no way this is as innocent as you say it is.

Last edited:

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back