Discussion How to Buy Games on Steam Cheaper

Popito

Trophies
Hello everyone, I would like to share with you my story about how I found a legal way to buy games several times cheaper than their real price on Steam.
Let's start with the fact that I live in Finland and here (take for example) the game Red Dead Redemption 2 costs 20 €. But the same game in Ukrainian Steam costs only 7€. And I started googling how to translate Steam from the Finnish region into Ukrainian. As it turned out, in order to change the region, I need a Ukrainian VPN and a Ukrainian card. If I had no problems with the Ukrainian VPN, then I spent some time and money searching for a Ukrainian card until I found the service discord.gg/steam-change (I was not paid for advertising). Here I bought a Ukrainian card for only $7 (other services were either not working or asked for a much higher price) and I managed to change my region to Ukrainian, now I buy games much cheaper.
You can share your method of how you buy Steam games cheaper, I’ll be glad to see different ways

I'm going to give you your due credit, this at least more of an effort than most scammers make when they peddle this bullshit. You came up with quite the backstory there.

However, for your sake I truly hope you are trying to scam people here on JoyFreak because if you're telling the truth, you just confessed to fraud. Whether you are aware of it or not, the buying/selling of credit/debit card information is very illegal no matter whare you are.

I also know for a fact that changing regions on Steam is not neerly as simple as you make it out to be. A VPN will allow one to browse another region's store, but buying games is another matter. First, you actually have to have the billing address of the card you're using and can't switch back to your original location for three months. They do this for a reason, and guess what that reason is? That's right, to prevent fraud!

So if you are telling the truth, and like I said, for your sake I sincenly hope you're not, enjoy the next couple of months with that stolen and easily tracable credit card info tied to your steam account. Just sit there and wait for the last knock you'll get at your door for years with a policeman on the other side. Enjoy your games!

That's the fate that awaits anyone who believes this nonsense.

Last edited:
I'm going to give you your due credit, this at least more of an effort than most scammers make when they peddle this bullshit. You came up with quite the backstory there.

However, for your sake I truly hope you are trying to scam people here on VGR because if you're telling the truth, you just confessed to fraud. Whether you are aware of it or not, the buying/selling of credit/debit card information is very illegal no matter whare you are.

I also know for a fact that changing regions on Steam is not neerly as simple as you make it out to be. A VPN will allow one to browse another region's store, but buying games is another matter. First, you actually have to have the billing address of the card you're using and can't switch back to your original location for three months. They do this for a reason, and guess what that reason is? That's right, to prevent fraud!

So if you are telling the truth, and like I said, for your sake I sincenly hope you're not, enjoy the next couple of months with that stolen and easily tracable credit card info tied to your steam account. Just sit there and wait for the last knock you'll get at your door for years with a policeman on the other side. Enjoy your games!

That's the fate that awaits anyone who believes this nonsense.
Don't deceive people, there is nothing illegal about it.
This service already has a lot of reviews from real people, including me, so I trust it.
And also the seller said that the card does not have to be linked to Steam and that these cards are his personal.
But in any case, you can not to use such a service and continue to buy games that are 3-4 times more expensive. Good luck xD

The balance on the purchased card is only 13UAH and it is used only once for one account to change the region by purchasing one game (in my case it was Barro's game).
Next top up Steam in a way convenient (I do this through TF2 keys)
UPD:
I read that anyone can create these one-time cards in a Ukrainian bank, so there is nothing illegal.

Don't deceive people, there is nothing illegal about it.
This service already has a lot of reviews from real people, including me, so I trust it.
And also the seller said that the card does not have to be linked to Steam and that these cards are his personal.
But in any case, you can not to use such a service and continue to buy games that are 3-4 times more expensive. Good luck xD

The balance on the purchased card is only 13UAH and it is used only once for one account to change the region by purchasing one game (in my case it was Barro's game).
Next top up Steam in a way convenient (I do this through TF2 keys)
UPD:
I read that anyone can create these one-time cards in a Ukrainian bank, so there is nothing illegal.

You've got some nerve telling me not to deceive people when you come on this forum and before you even say "hello" try to rope people into this very shady and illegal service.

Let's just put aside that I don't believe this person your talking about is selling his own credit/debit card information, which would still be illegal by the way, and ask you this. If this was a legit business, then whare is this guys website? Where's his branding? Why has he got people he already has buy the balls (I mean, man, has he got you by the balls ) peddling this for "service" for him on internet forums instead of advertising? In other words, why isn't he running it like a normal, legitimate business? Even key resellers have all that stuff. Hell, pyramid schemes have that stuff!

I'll tell you why, to avoid getting caught, because he knows damn well that this is illegal. Most of his "customers" probably do as well, but are willing to risk it, which makes them at least smarter than you. All that is me assuming that what you're saying is true because I think it's just as likely you're the one behind this whole scam.

I also did a little research of my own on those so-called "one time use" cards and they don't exist. What I have learned is a little bit on how Ukrainian nationals can use thier cards internationally more easily than in other countries because of the way thier laws work. Ukraine is also included in the European Union's trusted list even through it's a non-EU country. Basically, this means that Ukrainian seals on digital documents and electronic signatures and can be verified and confirmed in EU countries. A lot of this is likely due to the war in order to help people survive elsewhere until it's over. This does go someway to explain the close link between the Ukraine and this scam.

Scource: How to use a Ukrainian bank card abroad?

I also googled "Selling your own credit card information Ukraine" and look at the very first article, coincidently from the same website I sourced earlier.

image_2023-11-29_205704824.png

I may as well may as well include a link to the article as well

Literally, the first thing. I suggest you read that article, maybe you'll find something "familliar".

You could be deluded, you could be stupid or you could be the arrogant prick behind this scam or one of his cronies, it doesn't matter. What matters is;
  • Selling credit/debit card information, even one's own, is against the law pretty much everywhere, including the Ukraine. The balance on the account and how many times YOU use it is irrelevant. It's still fraud.
  • If something looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, swims like a duck and flies like a duck, then it's a duck . This "business" is being run like it's shady because it's shady. You would have to be blind not to see it.
  • If it is found out that you purchased games using fraudulent card information, those games can be taken away from you. The cost of the games can also be forcibly refunded from the developer/publisher, making these scams especially harmful to small, indie dev's. In the end, the only one who wins is the scammer.
The fact you would come back to defend this is a joke. We can all see it, I'm just one saying it, that's all. I just thought that on the chance you ARE telling the truth that you could do with serious reality check. Believe it or not, I'm actually trying to help you, to open your eyes. But whatever, you do you, just don't come crying when you find that out the hard way.

Last edited:
All your words are nonsense.
I asked my friend from Ukraine, he showed me how to make one-time Internet cards in different banks.
Let’s even take another service, this is the Turkish service for changing the region in Steam discord.gg/exuy
There are almost 4000 buyers here, I think this speaks of honesty and reliability, this service has been operating for more than 3 years, as far as I know.
I noticed that you are very toxic towards many on this forum, is it because you have problems in real life?

All your words are nonsense.
I asked my friend from Ukraine, he showed me how to make one-time Internet cards in different banks.
Let’s even take another service, this is the Turkish service for changing the region in Steam discord.gg/exuy
There are almost 4000 buyers here, I think this speaks of honesty and reliability, this service has been operating for more than 3 years, as far as I know.
I noticed that you are very toxic towards many on this forum, is it because you have problems in real life?

I'm toxic towards scammers, because so many of them target this forum. And you know what, you're right, I do have problems in real life. I suffer from both mental and physical health troubles, but that doesn't invalidate my questions over this scam. Questions you didn't answer. So you can side step my concerns about this all you want. Ask as many questions about my own troubles as you want. I'll even answer them, but in the end I will always bring it back to the point:

• Selling credit/debit card information, even one's own, is against the law pretty much everywhere, including the Ukraine. The balance on the account and how many times YOU use it is irrelevant. It's still fraud.
  • If something looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, swims like a duck and flies like a duck, then it's a duck . This "business" is being run like it's shady because it's shady. You would have to be blind not to see it.
  • If it is found out that you purchased games using fraudulent card information, those games can be taken away from you. The cost of the games can also be forcibly refunded from the developer/publisher, making these scams especially harmful to small, indie dev's. In the end, the only one who wins is the scammer.

So please think anything to prove this is a legitimate business in your next response.

To buy games on Steam cheaper, explore these strategies. Firstly, wait for seasonal sales like Steam's Summer Sale for significant discounts. Keep an eye on daily and weekly deals for short-term reductions. Utilize third-party websites offering Steam keys at lower prices, ensuring their legitimacy. Bundles, often available on platforms like Humble Bundle, provide multiple games at a fraction of their individual cost. Additionally, consider wishlist notifications; Steam alerts you when wishlisted games go on sale. Finally, participate in Steam events and complete activities to earn discounts. Combine these methods to optimize savings and build an affordable gaming library on the Steam platform.

I can respond to you all with BETTER alternatives and reasons that VPN is a PROBELM and you must NOT USE IT
steam can and does ban accounts for using them with a VPN you could lose your whole games library. Second USA netflix with VPN used to be possible where i live but now it isnt here in australia so i paid for VPN account to view it but wasted money after a few months. smart dns and all sorts of other tricks wont fool them. if netflix can 'turn it off' you will lose your entire steam library. I personally have over 1500 steam games so thats a big nono on risking them. However steam is a games store. They buy games from developers and sell them in their store. But because steam legally filed and claimed themselves a wholesaler by making games only available on their own platform, other countries and game devs can make STEAM pay the costs of their free or cheap games distribution and other things. here in australia stores like jb hi price and EBgames almost exclusively sell steam games. Which means if we are locked into steam by every store as a whole saler platform then steam must offer whole sale prices and services bulk which gives cheaper prices in countries that have wholesale systems bulk buying and other such regulations. because of this the cheapest and best cost based wholesale priced countries like india might offer great savings. But if you arent in india as part of their wholesale network you shouldnt buy from there via vpn. Merchants or apps will do so and resell with a small fee. countless websites you can see listed on DLcompare or other websites with stores like gamivo/eneba or fanatical.. the bundles on fanatical can have some great picks and be good savings etc. I personally subscribe to the humble bundle choice subscription. I pay about $12USD per month for a dozen random games monthly about $1800usd per year maybe? i didnt even math. which tend to be really awesome each month. But often theres a period of 2 months or so before xmas where its not good games then super great games at xmas or they have a month where each game is a low cost indie game but are super awesome but stuff thats maybe a little bit like vampire survivors when you wanted a few more 'new' 'next gen' 3d stuff.

Going to your post office and grabbing a visa or mastercard thats blank and loading it with currency is fine, purchasing one online from some other countrys post office nearby is also fine. Whats not fine is handing that data to someone elses computer BEFORE it reaches the store. Theres PROXY and other things they can use that could load in different images or show different prices. you are encrypted end to end to their computer what happens after not really a concern of theirs. They can log it and decrypt it and you pay them to steal your card data and get pocket change from crypto currency that decrypts you/your friends and familys data and breaches OS security and pulls game code apart so they can resell it in other countries and pretend they're a licenced publisher or whatever.
steam has different content in different regions as laws with things like school shootings will have relatives beat you if you play a school shooter game on your laptop in the starbucks in front of them as their family died. Chinese law requires chat filters as illegal propaganda and cults will spam in video games to brainwash young people or send coded messages to criminals because chinese characters are basically encrypted lol. billions of chinese people means their 6 -10% population crime rate is millions of millions of criminal retards all crime all the time. you need countless infinity brutal supercops or you dont wanna live there ever. so stuff that isnt complaint with laws in china cant be sold there. So their steam wasnt available. Also if they only make 100,000 playstation 5's or 3's or 4's whatever per number of weeks for sale.. after launch.. its first in japan and usa etc.. but then places like india or china with billions people they cant sell it there or get one. So they raced over and stole them the ps3 being a real super computer and amazingly awesome you cant even imagine it if you actually deleted all the fake intel fake microsoft fake nvidia stuff and used real code and fourier transform code (fortran) and other things or just some real high bit depth modern code in RUST or C# or properly compiled with CPU flags and extensions in gentoo linux with e-merge and synaptix with optimized make.conf and profile your ps3 would make infinity nvidias look like trash even today though the ps3 was just a light cell processor and simply FASTER THAN REALITY.. it wasnt be any and all computers in the universe at once like a ryzen. So it wasnt until nearer launch of ps5 that a ps3 and steam were even allowed to be legal in china. so using VPNs you might get countries like brazil or south america that by law must have DIFFERENT TV's and DIFFERENT video games.. as they previously had a heap of them but never bought any from companies that make them. So their street fighter 2 in brazil looks a bit like it.. but its more like the super nintendo version vs the arcade version.. the official original one in the country of the game developer may have had say 80% of the game cut so it doesnt need translation or missing content or super compressed low quality 'streaming' see fake intel fake nvidia pretend their stuffs faster by sort of VBR mp3 for all things instead of full file size and speed it up. But then it low quality butts so they pretend and post process it with cheap 90s year 2000s old monitor/tv chips for "smooth motion 200hz on your 60hz 1080p tv panel" oh sorry i meant FRAME GENERATION and post process it like a dvd player to enhance sound/video or more cheap phone/tv chips for under $2 for their 'upyour mums scaling'. their entire games library and next gen future features all looks a heck of a lot like a rewording of the ps3 launch parties and demos for developers leading up to its release. with the playstation 2s mixed reality/AR/VR and visual library and advanced media foundation and ray tracing with the light shafts function and real better than ray tracing real true optics with the raymarching ray casting truegodrays function.. well what i mean is.. some countries got shitty fake not computers like microsoft/intel/nvidia.. with not hardware.. and not the games you thought they were.. looks like it but isnt. its often decades old and banned from release then gets a shitty port and looks terrible when you FINALLY get that game like honkai impact 3rd or other titles in your own country. So get things like humble bundle and shop around different online merchants. But remember never buy an account. and never use a VPN. you be you and paying with your own card for ALL games purchases and your own bank or paypal means.. its your money that paid for the games.. NOBODY can ever steal them as they didnt pay for them they cant ever have them! if they did they get wrecked.. understand? VPN can fail costs extra to give other people your everything and let them send and show you FAKE internet and could get your account banned. So never buy or practice account selling on steam and dont use VPNs. just get global steam keys pretend there is no USA game dev sitting around making a special low quality polish or croation or ukraine version of that game and publishing it so why would you ever buy it? get the english games in english from usa!

do you really want to fall in the trap brooo....actually on the internet most of the accounts you buy for different games get blocked but there are also rare websites on which you can buy genuine accounts at a very cheap rate with proper tech support...

if you want to buy modded accounts then you can try some best websites which are present on the internet but I will suggest first use money or coin boosting services

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back