I found this article on Gameblog.fr where they spoke to various sources about Kojima and Konami during MGSV's development. It touches on some things like how the concept of Survive originated in the development of MGSV as a zombie mode DLC (internally referred to as MGSV.5) and how Chapter 3 wouldn't have added anything meaningful to the story we ended up getting.
- P.T was developed in secret by a small team and a very limited number of people knew it was going to be released
- Important people at Konami who needed to know it existed did not know and first found out when it was announced at Gamescom 2014 alongside the public. This is apparantly the straw that broke the camel's back when it came to Kojima's relationship with Konami
- Kojima (who was Vice President of Konami at the time) worked with Sony to create a shell company in order to publish P.T on PSN while most employees at Konami knew nothing about this
- As a result, Konami PR found themselves having to answer questions from eager customers about a Silent Hills once the news came out that P.T was a playable teaser for a new SH game
- One of the main reasons Kojima was fired from Konami was because he used part of MGSV's budget to develop P.T
- Kojima didn't really have to report to people and his freedom within Konami at the time was a point of major tension between the two
- The heat between Kojima and Konami is gone now and communication between them has resumed, an avenue of collaboration between KojiPro and Konami is possible
Révélations sur les plans de Kojima pour le DLC de Metal Gear Solid 5, P.T., et la colère de Konami [MAJ]
Dans les mois qui ont précédé et suivi sa sortie, Metal Gear Solid V : The Phantom Pain a beaucoup fait parler de lui, pour des raisons qui n'avaient pas toujours de lien direct avec son contenu. C'est en effet à cette période que s'est joué publiquement le divorce entre Hideo Kojima, le célèbre...