Can I become worse at FPS games if I take a long break away from it?

AlfThePanda

Aug 3, 2019
Hey there!
I have played csgo and other fps games for a long time, but are considering too take a BIG break. The break could be weeks/months/years. What I’m scared of is. Is it possible for me after the big break is done, that I could have become worse at csgo and/or other FPS games? Im afraid I will return and play as bad as a silver in csgo, or a bronze in rainbow six siege. Repeated question: Can I become worse at FPS games if I take a longer break, and if so. How worse could I possibly get?

Please help and have a good day!

Nova

Feb 7, 2019
Break definitely affects many gamers. How much it may have an impact on you? That only time can tell. I can tell you from my perspective that it can take some time.

AlfThePanda

Aug 3, 2019
Break definitely affects many gamers. How much it may have an impact on you? That only time can tell. I can tell you from my perspective that it can take some time.
For now the break only lies on 1-2 weeks. For 1-2 weeks it personally for me, does not change anything and I just need to warm up a little after the time has gone. But let’s say months/years? Let’s say you do get worse, how much effort would it be to regain what you had before?

Shortie861

Aug 1, 2019
I've taken breaks from games in the past and when I returned to them I was very out of practice, the skill level wasn't there and it took about 5 or so games to get back into the groove and flow of the game and gain my skill with said game back. :) Taking breaks can definitely affect performance for sure.

Nova

Feb 7, 2019
For now the break only lies on 1-2 weeks. For 1-2 weeks it personally for me, does not change anything and I just need to warm up a little after the time has gone. But let’s say months/years? Let’s say you do get worse, how much effort would it be to regain what you had before?
1 or 2 weeks or say study hours should not do much damage to your practice. I think you may not have any issue. Just maybe feel like out of touch in some cases.