Discussion What is a game with a KILLER soundtrack?

A few that come to mind worth checking out;

Primal (PS2). A soundrack comprised of all original songs from the band 16Volt. The game itself is an underrated classic as well.

Playlist:

Example Song:

The Burnout Games.

I know, this is a little bit of cheating as these are playlists made up of licensed songs, but they are very compilations worth checking out. I'll even extend that to Burnout Paradise, even the game itself is a piece of shit. I'll just post the intro to Burnout 3: Takedown as a taste of what to expect:

Even though it is all licenced music, some of the games did something clever with it by muffling the music while you were not boosting and that served as a genuine incentive to go hell for leather just to keep hearing the music like it was meant to be heard.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

It may be a familiar score, in fact the main theme is the same one from previous Elder Scrolls games, but man it upgraded big time for Skyrim. If you actually stop and listen to it, it's a very dramatic, full sound that is easy on the ear and very pretty at times too.

Goldeneye (N64)
I know that this soundtrack is mostly comprised of remixes of the James Bond theme, but the are original mixes and sounded fantastic, and on N64 no less. They still sound fantastic a quarter of a century later. I would go so far to say that this video game has the best version of the James Bond theme I have heard in my entire life, full stop. That alone more than deserves a shout out.

Final Fantasy XIII

I don't care that this game sucks, the music is fantastic, one of the best soundtracks in any FF game. I have got to be honest, I do think FFX's soundtrack is better, but I decided to focus on FFXIII as I feel this great soundtrack gets overlooked because the game itself was a bit shit. It has that serene, yet chaotic feel to it that's very unique and pleasant to hear.

Playlist

Just a few of my favourites, can't wait to see what others bring to this thread.

Last edited:
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

It may be a familiar score, in fact the main theme is the same one from previous Elder Scrolls games, but man it upgraded big time for Skyrim. If you actually stop and listen to it, it's a very dramatic, full sound that is easy on the ear and very pretty at times too.

+1 for the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim soundtrack!

I can listen to the Night in the Woods soundtrack in any mood, anytime, any place, even the gym. I love Die Anywhere Else and Astral Coal Town.

When it comes to a game with a killer soundtrack, one title that immediately comes to mind is World of Warcraft, especially when you're playing on WOTLK private servers. WoW has consistently delivered some of the most captivating and immersive music in the gaming world. From the epic tunes of battlefields to the serene melodies of exploration, the game's soundtrack adds an extraordinary layer to the overall gaming experience. It's a prime example of how music can enhance the storytelling and atmosphere in video games, making it a must-play for any gamer who appreciates a remarkable in-game musical journey.

When it comes to a game with a killer soundtrack, one title that immediately comes to mind is World of Warcraft, especially when you're playing on WOTLK private servers. WoW has consistently delivered some of the most captivating and immersive music in the gaming world. From the epic tunes of battlefields to the serene melodies of exploration, the game's soundtrack adds an extraordinary layer to the overall gaming experience. It's a prime example of how music can enhance the storytelling and atmosphere in video games, making it a must-play for any gamer who appreciates a remarkable in-game musical journey.

I wouldn't have thought of that, but it's a valid call...

I love Super Mario Bros. It's the first video game I played when I was in childhood and addicted to the music. This game cherish my childhood.

Latest content

Back