Motherboard for Ryzen 5 3400g? B450 vs X370?

Grasting

Newcomer
Trophies
Hi, i am building my first pc. Which of these two motherboards should i get for Ryzen 5 3400g? (Don't recommend me another brand or model, these are the two available in my country, because of warranty, price, etc)
My PC: Ryzen 5 3400g, 2x8 RAM 3200MHz, 1 TB HDD.

The options:
I don't have dedicated GPU for the moment. I pretend in the future do OC, put a dedicated GPU, maybe add RAM, upgrade the processor, put a SSD, etc.

The X370 has better OC than the B450, right? is worth it buy the x370 only for this?
The B450 "get older better" than the x370? I want to upgrade as late as possible
Aclaration: I think the BIOS won't be a problem, because the store update it to me, so...
What do you think? The price is pretty the same.
I am a little bit more on B450, but i am pretty noob in this, so..

Thanks!

Last edited:
You may find the GIGABYTE GA-AX370M DS3H motherboard suitable for your configuration. Though it's hard to say what may or may not be unless we see some benchmark.

I would go B450 chipset, honestly. Granted, it's all AM4 socket, of course, so you can upgrade to newer or higher tiered Ryzen CPUs later on irrespective of chipset, but the 450 would slightly cover you in terms of future-proofing upgrades. Also, you're going in with a 3rd gen Ryzen, does the 350 chipset natively support 3rd gen Ryzen? Not 100% certain on that one, but you may not want to pick up the 350 based solely on that.

I'm with Nova's suggestion as well, though make sure everything else will work for it as well.

I agree with PGen98 - go with the B450 chipset. Although, considering this is your first PC, you may want to start with parts that are easy to replace. Don't try going for overclocking immediately - build your first PC, then consider overclocking it.

Edit: formatting

Threads merged (post #6 was originally a standalone point.)

I'd go with the B450M. Don't get the Gigabyte one just yet. Considering this is your first PC, I'd recommend that you hold off overclocking until you are a little more advanced.

Threads merged (post #6 was originally a standalone point.)

I'd go with the B450M. Don't get the Gigabyte one just yet. Considering this is your first PC, I'd recommend that you hold off overclocking until you are a little more advanced.
Off course, i barely know how to turn on the computer haha, but i want to think in future, so i spend more money now but I don't have problems in the future.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back