Your Thoughts on Atari

Jayson

When I was a kid in the 80s, it was the big thing - even as Nintendo was creeping up at 2nd place. Anyway, nowadays most of the games seem laughably primitive, especially the sports ones - however, other ones are still relevant (Pitfall Harry etc..).

Well, myself, I haven't played one since probably the 90s, and maybe even the 80s.

Nerdface

Atari was very slightly before my time, the Sega Master System II and NES were my first consoles..

I haven't really played many of their games, only the modernised retro games such as Space Invaders, Pong, and Tetris.

marteebe

Article Author
Verified
I'm following Nerdface on this one, the only 'Atari' based things you will have seen me with are the modern versions of their games. Although I can say that even now I do love sitting down and playing a bit of old-school retro games like Tetris and Space Invaders, it just brings back a bit of the child inside me lol. As for their consoles, I don't think I've ever actually played on any Atari consoles, my first ever console was a PS1 so that's what got me hooked anyway!

I somewhat remember playing that console at my grandma's house back in the day, pong is always classic fun. Though didn't I hear Atari was making another console?

LividJay

My cousins had an Atari and we'd play together often. I haven't played any of there games in years, though. I think the last one was the Dragon Ball Z Budokai series.