News Xbox's Game Pass brings developers some surprises from huge growth

Clout

Trophies
960x0.jpg

Jonathan Bunney (Codemasters Vice President of Publishing )
“We see it as a way of extending the life of our games and bringing in players who wouldn't necessarily buy the game. speaking as a consumer. I find myself discovering games that I had never heard of, or games that I've heard of but am just not prepared to spend $60.”

Sarah Bond (Microsoft)
On average, according to Bond, Game Pass subscribers spend 20% more time playing games, play 30% more games, play 40% more genres and, crucially, spend about 20% more on gaming overall. That could always change if Game Pass and other subscriptions become a bigger part of the industry overall, but Bond stresses that there’s still a lot of room for overall growth, especially since Xbox is tying its streaming services to Game Pass.
“There are 200 million people who buy a console, and there are 3 billion people who play games,” she says. “Today, a lot of those people don’t have the option to play many of these amazing experiences and iconic games that you see. When you really look at what we’re doing with Game Pass is we’re making that possible by linking that to subscription, and putting our streaming into subscription. We’re able to make the economics of all that work”.

Mike Rose (founder of No More Robots)
“It was a worry for me a few years ago, it's less of a worry for me now,” he says. “With them signing Hypnospace Outlaw and Nowhere Prophet, games that arguably don't fit the game pass model very well and are kind of niche and weird, It eases my concerns a little bit because it seems that they want their spread of games.”
“The effect that we see is that people are playing on Game Pass, they're telling their friends: ‘hey come play this game with me’, they don't want another subscription, so they just go buy the game. We end up getting a ton of players on Game Pass, and we sell a ton as well.”
“The main thing for us is that sales didn't go down,” says Rose. “ You worry that you make the thing free and no one will buy it anymore: that didn't happen.”

I'd like to see a $ 60 game too, and I'd love to buy one. Games for Xbox and PC recently (I do not know about the rest of consoles) are not even a shadow of their predecessors. Have the codemasters lost all their creativity, or is everything already made up?
I keep my fingers crossed, I will gladly buy a good game, even if it is not cheap
I buy orbs and items for Xbox. I love it, I spend my afternoons on it. I am happy to share my story with you. I like telling stories very much. It was like that. I was playing Path of Exile on Xbox with my friends - I was in dire need of new orbs. My friends advised me to spend more time in the game, but I chose a different solution. I preferred to buy poe currency (path of exile orbs) on Odealo.
In this way, I had everything I needed and the whole thing did not take more than 10 minutes. It normally takes me longer. Fortunately, there is an exchange and trade option. Path of Exile is the greatest Hack N Slash game, the soldered Xbox Poe Orbs is amazing.
It's worth buying PoE currency on Xbox buy poe currency xbox

Last edited:
I love Game Pass. Been a subscriber since day one, and it’s saved me a lot of money too.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back