Xbox was finally proven correct in 2021

Maddox

Trophies
Xbox-Series-S.jpg

While I don’t think 2021 is going to be remembered as one of the all-time great years in gaming history, I am convinced that this will ultimately be remembered as the year that the Xbox team finally turned the corner and showed everyone that they’ve been right about quite a few things.

The problem with praising any video game manufacturer over another (or any brand/product over its competition) is that it tends to trigger this consumerism defense mechanism that forces people to tell you why you’re wrong because their preferred product or brand is better. What I find truly remarkable about Xbox’s 2021 success, though, are the ways in which the company succeeded that go beyond the console wars or strategies that will somehow help them “beat” PlayStation and Nintendo. Honestly, I think they will probably continue to run a fairly distant third in that hardware race.

However, in a year that disrupted the video game industry and occasionally reminded us of the worst elements of modern gaming, there are just some ways that the Xbox team seems to be objectively showing us a better path forward through both good times and bad.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back