Xbox Series X specs revealed: AMD CPU, 12 teraflops GPU, SSD, more

xbox-series-x-2-scaled.jpg

Xbox Series X specifications have been revealed by Microsoft today, confirming a 12 teraflops GPU, variable rate shading, hardware accelerated DirectX raytracing and more.

In a new blog post, Microsoft has confirmed Xbox Series X will feature a custom processor that leverages “AMD’s latest Zen 2 and RDNA 2 architectures” to provide 12 teraflops of GPU performance. That’s twice more than Xbox One X and eight times the original Xbox One. The console will also be able to support frame rates of 120 frames-per-second (FPS).

Furthermore, the Xbox Series X will take advantage of variable rate shading. The console will also sport hardware accelerated DirectX raytracing, which will mean more accurate lighting, reflections and acoustics in games.

Rather than spending GPU cycles uniformly to every single pixel on the screen, they can prioritize individual effects on specific game characters or important environmental objects
Here's a list of additional features highlighted by Microsoft:
  • An SSD hard drive
  • A quick resume function that works with multiple games at once
  • Dynamic latency input
  • HDMI 2.1
  • Backwards compatibility all the way back to the original Xbox
  • Smart delivery of assets
The Xbox Series X is planned for the holiday season with pricing yet to be confirmed.

Some nice specs, but I'm getting tired of hearing about teraflops, I could make a drinking game out of it :p

Now what about the price?

Some nice specs, but I'm getting tired of hearing about teraflops, I could make a drinking game out of it :p

Now what about the price?

9 times out of 10 over 400. And the specs will probably be similiar to the PS5 that is if the PS5 has better hardware specs.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back