News Xbox Series controllers uses AA batteries because of Duracell deal

Nightrider

Trophies
Duracell-Xbox-1024x569.jpg

Duracell’s UK marketing manager Luke Anderson implied in an interview with Stealth Optional this week that Xbox’s decision to stick with replaceable batteries was due to a long-standing agreement between the two companies, and claimed the partnership would continue “for a while”.

“There’s always been this partnership with Duracell and Xbox… It’s a constant agreement that Duracell and Microsoft have in place”.
He added: “[The deal is] for OEM to supply the battery product for the Xbox consoles and also the controllers’ battery. So that [deal is] going to go on for a while… it’s been going on for a while and I think it needs to go for a while [more].”

Any theoretical deal ensuring that Xbox controllers used AA batteries would now have run for at least 15 years.
In a statement provided to MCV, a Microsoft representative noted that Xbox users have several options for charging their controllers but would not discuss the nature of its deal with Duracell.

“We intentionally offer consumers choice in their battery solutions for our standard Xbox Wireless Controllers,” a Microsoft spokesperson said.

Must be a very good deal I really don't see the point of them not putting rechargeable batteries in from the start

Exactly. I know it's not too expensive but it's one of those small quality of life changes that can make a huge difference to gamers

Exactly. I know it's not too expensive but it's one of those small quality of life changes that can make a huge difference to gamers

I'm just thinking of the horrors that was the Wii remote.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back