Xbox Pride 2021 celebration includes new gear, donations, more

xbox-pride-2021.jpg

Xbox Pride 2021 celebration includes $150,000 donation to LGBTQIA+ non-profits, inclusive gear, in-game content and more.

Team Xbox proudly supports LGBTQIA+ players during Pride month and beyond. To honor Pride, we are focusing on intersectionality and lifting up LGBTQIA+ voices across gaming. We are also highlighting stories of Team Xbox and Microsoft members, and Microsoft is making a $150,000 total donation to LGBTQIA+ nonprofits.
~Katrin Hilman and Todd Bohanna, Community Co-Leads at Team Xbox LGBTQIA+.

The non-profits include the likes of the ACLU Foundation, The Trevor Project, Act to Change, OutRight Action International, BEAM, and Mermaids. Those in the USA can also choose to donate their Microsoft Rewards points to charities including The Trevor Project, OutRight Action International and the Transgender Law Centre.

The Xbox Gear Shop has a number of Xbox Pride gear including t-shirts, tank tops and bags across Xbox, Halo, Age of Empires and Psychonauts 2.

In-game Pride content will also be offered inside Forza Horizon 4 (livery), Forza Motorsport 7 (livery), Halo The Master Chief Collection (nameplate), Gears 5 (an MS Rewards punchcard for the Pixelated Hearts banner set) and in the form of gamerpics and profile themes to be used across Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S and Windows PC.

xbox-gears-banner.jpgxbox-pride.jpgxbox-pride-background.jpgxbox-pride-forza-livery.jpgxbox-pride-gamerpics.jpgxbox-pride-gear.jpg

Microsoft Game Studios’ Tell Me Why is free to download and keep across Xbox and Windows PC.

Finally, Microsoft will be gifting a special Pride 2021 Xbox Wireless Controller to “key influencers and media in the U.S. and internationally.”

Head here to find out more about the charities Xbox will donate to, alongside stories from its LGBTQIA+ members. Happy Pride month!

I like that controller, really good looking! Don't need to be LGBTQIA+ to appreciate a really neat looking design :).

It's great that Xbox is being so much more supportive of Pride month and getting behind it as much as possible.

That controller does look really good. Would be amazing to see more interesting colour schemes for the PS5

I hope they release this design to the public. I don't even have an Xbox and I want it.

I'm also glad they're supportive of pride month.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back