Xbox One X, Xbox One S all-digital editions discontinued

xbox-one-xbox-one-s-all-digital-editions-discontinued.jpg

Xbox One X and Xbox One S all-digital productions have been discontinued as Microsoft prepares for the launch of the Xbox Series X.

A Microsoft spokesperson said:
As we ramp into the future with Xbox Series X, we’re taking the natural step of stopping production on Xbox One X and Xbox One S All-Digital Edition. Xbox One S will continue to be manufactured and sold globally. Gamers can check with their local retailers for more details on Xbox One hardware availability.

At Xbox, we’re making massive investments to forge the future of gaming—a future that puts the player at the center of the Xbox experience. We continue to build great games for Xbox One. We continue to build out Game Pass, now with more than 10 million members across Xbox console and PC. We’re previewing Project xCloud in 15 countries so gamers can play games with their friends on any device. And we’re working hard on the next-generation of console gaming with Xbox Series X—the fastest, most powerful console we’ve ever built which includes backward compatibility with thousands of Xbox games and all Xbox One accessories.

Microsoft advises those who still wish to purchase an Xbox One X should check with their preferred retailer first.

This means that Xbox One S is the only Xbox One edition still in production. It will be joined by the Xbox Series X and if true, the cheap Xbox Series S edition will likely fill the void left by Xbox One X.

Makes sense, ramp up production for the Series X to prep for the launch.

Last edited:
Was about to say exactly what PGen98 said. Demand is going to be crazy for next-generation consoles I think so it makes sense that they should focus on the Xbox Series X

I think this was meant to happen at some point. I mean PS 5 is coming, a lot of consoles are opening on digital subscription. Stadia is also out so yeah this was meant to at some point of time. And this is one reason many PC users feel good of physical edition games as they are not locked.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back