Xbox head Phil Spencer says it 'makes sense' to bundle xCloud with Xbox Game Pass

Jedi

Trophies
Starting with xCloud, Spencer reiterated that it's coming in October, and pricing will be revealed before it launches so gamers know what to expect and how they can sign up. At launch, xCloud will focus on mobile devices like smartphones. He added that combining xCloud with Xbox Game Pass "makes a ton of sense." Given the fact that Xbox Game Pass Ultimate includes Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Game Pass for PC, and Xbox Live Gold, xCloud may be added to the package when it's available as a public trial.

"We haven't talked about the business model yet. We're here with the public preview to let people try it out, which is cool. It's the first time we've had a hands-on for people who don't work at Microsoft, so we're learning a lot and listening a lot. We announced a date for when it's coming, and we will be talking about a business model before it comes so people know what to do to sign up. As you think about a subscription like Xbox Game Pass, I do think the idea of Xbox Game Pass and an xCloud-like subscription makes a ton of sense. Think about what the convergence of those two things looks like. I think it's smart to think about. We haven't announced anything there, but I'd say that idea makes a ton of sense. How do I build my library? Xbox Game Pass is a great way for you to secure a bunch of content. Then, how do I get access to that library wherever I go? Do I use hardware that's Microsoft's or hardware that's my own in my home?"

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back