Xbox GDC 2020 plans cancelled over coronavirus concerns

xbox-logo.jpg

Xbox has pulled out of GDC 2020 over coronavirus concerns

After a close review of guidance by global health authorities and out of an abundance of caution, we’ve made the difficult decision to withdraw from participating at Game Developers Conference 2020 in San Francisco.
Microsoft

The health and safety of players, developers, employees, and our partners around the world is our top priority. Especially as the world is experiencing growing public health risks associated with coronavirus (COVID-19).
The coronavirus has already affected Nintendo Switch stocks, the Switch release of The Outer Worlds, the Taipei Game Show, Square Enix PAX East plans, Sony's PAX East plans, Kojima Productions at GDC, Overwatch League match and EA cancelling its GDC plans.

WordPress WordCamp Asia, BlizzCon, XBOX GDC, Cosplays etc many of such events in nearby china or the SEA nations has been cancelled. And the reason is also we can understand because nobody wants to play with the life. So yeah I can understand them on that.

Others like Epic have also dropped out. Safe to say at this point GDC should cancel otherwise those paying a lot to attend will just feel cheated.

I think the contamination is under control in the china but other regions are now picking up. So it seems like going outdoor on such events is risky. And even worst part is that we don't know when it will be stopped.

Got announced today that GDC will be delayed till the summer, seems wise given the dropping attendants.

I think it's not just china issue but also the distribution which is delayed due to health risk. So big companies are delaying the launch. Think of it as a global recession.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back