WSJ: Peloton Rides a Coronavirus Surge in Home Workouts

Tek

Trophies
Peloton Interactive Inc.’s PTON 12.54% quarterly sales surged 66%, bolstered by shut-in Americans undeterred by shipping delays, do-it-yourself installation and the exercise bike’s $2,000-plus price tag.

Peloton is known for selling stationary bikes equipped with a screen that shows subscription workout classes. The number of subscribers almost doubled to 886,100 in the quarter ended March 31, which includes the first weeks when the spread of coronavirus closed gyms and prompted many Americans to shelter at home.

“I never thought I would ever purchase a Peloton,” said Wendy Spano, 44 years old, of Mt. Kisco, N.Y. A gym loyalist, she ordered a Peloton this week that is scheduled to be delivered in late June. “But I found myself here at home and I wasn’t doing anything, like, nothing. I realized I had a bit of a problem.”

There were 44 million Peloton workouts in the March quarter, a record for the company and up from 24 million in the December quarter.

The New York company raised its financial forecasts, predicting revenue would more than double in the June quarter from a year ago despite a shortage of bikes.

Shares of Peloton climbed 7% after the company reported its latest results. The stock, which fell below $20 in mid-March, was above $40 in after-hours trading Wednesday.

Peloton rides a coronavirus surge?
I see what you did there. Sneaky. ;)

I actually have a friend who bought one for his wife for Christmas (she wanted it!) and he uses it 4 days a week and posts on FB about it. I think the backlash that the company received over its Christmastime commercials didn't hurt it as much as they feared.

Would you buy one if you could afford it? I would have loved one 10 years ago.

Not sure how I feel about equipment made for exercise... Cavemen didn't need an exercise bike to be fit...

A set of push ups if I die in a game reinforces the punishment and keeps my body and mind balanced. (y)

Not sure how I feel about equipment made for exercise... Cavemen didn't need an exercise bike to be fit...

A set of push ups if I die in a game reinforces the punishment and keeps my body and mind balanced. (y)

That made me laugh but it's actually a great goal to set for yourself to do some activity each time you die in a game. If you don't die then you get fat. If you die a lot then you'll be perfectly fit :D

That made me laugh but it's actually a great goal to set for yourself to do some activity each time you die in a game. If you don't die then you get fat. If you die a lot then you'll be perfectly fit :D

If you don't die a lot it's not on a hard enough difficulty tbh

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back