News Wrath: Aeon of Ruin delayed to summer 2021

Tek

Trophies
I say this with a certain degree of caution, given the conversations currently taking place over the sometimes unexpectedly wide gulfs between previews and reviews, but what I've played of Wrath: Aeon of Ruin so far has been nothing short of fantastic. It's a very Quake-like retro-shooter with huge, open levels, a fun variety of legitimately creepy enemies, and plentiful gibs. We said last year that it "feels like the Quake successor we never truly got," and at this stage that sounds pretty well on the money to me.

We'll have to wait a little longer than expected to play the whole thing, however. After a springtime delay that pushed the full release into 2021, Killpixel said today that the Early Access content update planned for December will arrive in January, and the 1.0 release that had been set for February will now take place in the summer. The studio said the delays became necessary when "some of our team fell ill to COVID-19," and that a more specific date for the full launch will be announced early next year.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back