Wrap up of recent twitter PS5 mumblings

Ana

Trophies
Now, before I get to the post, I know the opions on this guy over here, that's not what this post is for, so don't trip over each other to repeat yourselves.

----

UPDATE: Came across this on twitter just now (grains of salt at the ready):

• PS5 reveal coming Tuesday May 5th
  • 5 exclusives games to be shown
  • PS5 "boost mode" reveal
  • "Several" new PS5 Features
  • New "Partnerships" and "collaborations"
  • PSnow on PS5 will "Revolutionize" the service
  • A PS5 complete teardown stream on May 6th
-----

Original Post:

There's been an uptick in posts from FoxyGamesUK in the last few days and with the PS5 reveal being imminent, I thought I'd summarise some of it here in a post so we can see where the cards fall.

Remember, this is just for a bit of fun discussion to keep ourselves busy. Their tweets in " ", my thoughts are in the brackets.

• God of War PS4 running 4K/60 w/ no load times
  • "You'll be using the standard mechanical HDD as storage only. #PS5s

#UltraSSD

will be doing all the donkey work. In fact, #PS5

Games won't even run without SSD. Probably going to want to upgrade to a 2TB SSD day 1."

• been using #MayDay hashtag alot...That's the 1st of May, this friday.
  • also been hinting at something in June. We could be looking at a console reveal, tear down in may and full blowout in in June.
  • select non PS4 legacy titles will be playable. digital only. not until a while after launch
  • Maybe you'll get your chance soon Miles.. #SpiderMan2

(Mile main character for Spidey 2?)

• ""Are ye not gods? " Psalm 82:6" (No idea...probably Godfall, maybe God of War 2)
  • "Last year #SIE

tried to downplay the (rumored) successor to #PSVR

In this industry you kinda have to be economical with the truth... #PSVR2

" (PSVR 2 announcement coming as well?)

• "The 80s era is on the verge of making a major comeback! Sadly, not for #PS4

#XboxOne

#PS5

#XboxSeriesX

" (GTA VI ?)

• "The prophecy is fulfilled..." (No idea...could david cage be remaking Indigo Prophecy? that could be cool)

• "96.8% .. #PS5

" (No idea...maybe referencing closeness to a May 1st reveal?)

• "_ _ E / _ E_ / _ _A_ #PS5

" (No idea...Some people have been guessing 'The Getaway' which could be cool)

• "A galaxy far, far away... from #StarWars

#PS5

" (Could Savage Starlight make an appearance?)

• "Isn't that already common knowledge..?" (To the above one, someone commented about Ratchet & Clank, this was their reply.)
  • "We're on the road to Hell..." "Viet Cong." (They also retweeted a thing about the next battlefield being confirmed for 2021, so it wouldn't surprise me if we head back to Vietnam)
  • "#PS5

will initially have much slower uptake than #PS4

In terms of high production, AAA quality video game development and future unit installs, #PS5

will surpass anything & everything that preceded it. Trust me on this, everybody's going to want one. " (sounds good to me)

• "Fancy a #DaysGone prequel sequel thingy for #PS5..? Be nice to see how it all began fully 'fleshed' out"
  • "It sure took its sweet time, but (finally) Sony are almost ready to announce/reveal one helluva big, big #phatpipe

#PS5

exclusive."

• "It's not a Tower.." "She's boxy, curvy, sleek, and weighty.. You're going to be spending a lot of late nights with her... #PS5

" (seems like a catch all description of the console, but I guess we'll see)

• "16GB of GDDR6 Ram you say? I wonder what it would be like to have upto 100 GB of virtual ram to go with that..."

• "#PS5

Ultra #SSD

is so FAST, you could (literally) blink, and #PS5

has already loaded a game into memory, ready to play. It's a two way street too, superfast, uninterrupted gameplay during updates and installs. #PS5

makes #PS4

seem as slow as #PS4

> #PS3

"

• "If you want to see revived, rebooted, remade classic #PlayStation

franchises next gen #PS5

, Sony have got you big time! Excitement is killing me softly.."

• "What IF the next #MaxPayne

was #PS5

exclusive, timed or otherwise?" (I, personally, would love that)

• "Werewolves, Vampires and the Great Serpent... #PS5

" (My mind immediately went to a The Order sequel)

• " [half moon emoji] > [crescent moon emoji] > [bat emoji] #PS5" (No idea...)
  • "I suppose a lot of you have probably missed the #TwistedMetal

series."

• "It's really all a matter of perspective, but in my humble opinion, if you plan on picking up both #PS5

and #XboxSeriesX

keep them separated. They both look awesome, but their design doesn't really compliment the units very well. You see soon enough..."

• "A game that used to be synonymous with one platform is being reintroduced/rebooted for #PS5

.. and I'm staying away from twitter the day it is revealed. People are going to be pissed!" and "It is 100% exclusive to Sony. They own the IP now...though they may choose to release it on *PC at some point." (Not sure what this would be....any ideas?)

• "Sony has a 3rd person action/shooter game that has 100% destructible environments. Glass looks real & shatters with advanced physics when penetrated by a projectile. It's been in development since late 2016, was originally planned for #PS4

. Wish I could tell its name." (Maybe Socom? Syphon Filter?)

• "We've experienced 2D and 3D gaming, and we love it.. but did you know Sony are experimenting with 4D gaming? #PS5

My knowledge on the subject is a little weak, though my understanding is the 4th Dimension relates to the space/time continuum. Could be interesting.. " (hmm)

• "#HorizonZeroDawn

sequel uses Ray Tracing in abundance. Particularly the sky box/water surfaces, and most metallic materials inc. weapons lavished w/ RT, inc. audio. You can explore under water environments now. Sony made RT a (comparative) easy to pull off on #PS5

"

• They've also been hinting at a Bloodborne sequel
and that's from the last *checks notes* 4 days...

So, whether they're full of it or not, it's certainly a lot of interesting stuff to at least think about.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back