Would you buy a used console?

Nova

Trophies
There are people who buy old consoles which were released in past and have ran out of the hardware and software support. And lot of these are on the ebay for sales. I am trying to understand why and how the people choose to buy those old consoles. And they seem to be spending a lot of money for buying those consoles.

Would you buy such old consoles?

I myself don't generally go for really old consoles, however, I know people that have and usually their reason for paying a lot of money for an old console on somewhere like Ebay is usually for collectors purposes. There are a lot of die hard gamers out there who like to collect consoles, merchandise as and when they can and will pay a very high price for something that seems to be very rare nowadays.

Yes often the old consoles have that issues of not able to start. And some of the time you need people around who can fix that and you can able to fix the device locally. For me that does not be the case for long I guess. So it's risky investment.

Yes often the old consoles have that issues of not able to start. And some of the time you need people around who can fix that and you can able to fix the device locally. For me that does not be the case for long I guess. So it's risky investment.

I'd say it would be healthy for people to learn how to repair certain stuff themselves. Not only can it be great fun, but it can also instill a better understanding of how things work and how they are built, allowing people to make more informed and proper purchases. The amount of people who get tricked out of a lot of money over small repairs is huge after all.

I agree. Only issue that most of the stuff in electronics is chinese make. And we need to import those stuff which is less likely to be available in context of say some specific ICs etc.

There are people who buy old consoles which were released in the past and have ran out of the hardware and software support. And a lot of these are on the eBay for sales. I am trying to understand why and how people choose to buy those old consoles. And they seem to be spending a lot of money on buying those consoles.

Would you buy such old consoles?

I think part of the reason that they make that kind of choice may be as a result of trying to play older games because I am sure that most of the new versions of games can't be played on that kind of consoles.

Also the thing is that there is some level of nostalgia attached to it. Like you play something in childhood and wish to play those type of the stuff again.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back