Would full dive VR cause Human Extinction?

If we have full dive VR would there still be people living in real life? Maybe it comes down to personal preference? I am referring to VR brain implants, not headsets.

Excluding factors such as morals and religion, eating and drinking, bodily functions, need for money, need to reproduce

Or we could have the majority people who spend the majority of time in the real world (in other words split time between real life and FIVR), or some people who spend their entire lives in full time.

Maybe Full Dive Virtual reality will only serve a niche for addicts, hardcore gamers or scientists who want to explore other planets

I am thinking that maybe in the second half of this century virtual reality would be a equal or more superior to the base reality.

Would we get a 75 percent uptake maybe?

Thanks

Nova

I don't think so. But I think some things would surely cause issues like companion bots. Which can reduce your loneliness and can lead to we not talking to each other.

I think animes like SAO touch on this, where too many people get lost in the cyber world. Honestly, I be happy to shed real life for a cyber world of magic and fun.

Nova

I don't think it would cost extinction. But people will see their dream come true with it. and atleast be happy in virtual life.

xenonVirus

Migrained Mod in that Holiday Spirit!
True. To be honest, I'm happy with my real life situation, but a virtual world wouldn't be anything to sniff at.

Moved to General Forum. :)

xenonVirus. The questions of life are pretty interesting, indeed.