World of Warcraft adds 100% XP buff for those self-isolating

world-of-warcraft-new.jpg

World of Warcraft has added a 100% XP buff in-game for players so they can stay at home and self-isolate during COVID-19 crisis.

If you’re staying inside and find yourself returning to Azeroth, or if you’re leveling another character (or two), you’ll be getting a special bonus to help you on your way.
~Blizzard

Battle for Azeroth will gain an experience buff called ‘Winds of Wisdom’ which will increase experience gains by 100%! (This includes Starter Edition and Legion players as well.)
The XP buff is available until April 20. However, those playing World of Warcraft Classic won’t get the buff, sadly.

World of Warcraft is available on Windows PC and Mac.

This was really cool of them. It'll make the experience a lot easier.

This was really cool of them. It'll make the experience a lot easier.
Yeah, especially for new players. I find low-rates a bit of grind, this news might actually bring me back on WoW again.

I actually never played it due to the whole subscription thing which I couldn't afford as a teen and didn't want to worry about as an adult.

I actually never played it due to the whole subscription thing which I couldn't afford as a teen and didn't want to worry about as an adult.

Same here, but the first part is more relevant to me. As a teen, I can't afford the subscription yet (unless I wanted to drain my debit card.) As an adult, I may want to try it out.

Same here, but the first part is more relevant to me. As a teen, I can't afford the subscription yet (unless I wanted to drain my debit card.) As an adult, I may want to try it out.
I guess it just never sit right with me the idea of paying monthly to play anything.

It got easier for me to accept paying anything on a monthly basis once I started earning money. Made me exceptionally sour towards micro-transactions in such games, in WoW too. Too often i get this feeling of "this should have been covered in the subscription, nice stuff is being witheld from me that".

True. It helps once you have a job and the chance ooens itself up to you. I never felt it was an investment I'd fully enjoy is all.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back