World champion boxer Billy Joe Saunders suspended following domestic violence 'advice' video

Nat

Trophies
British boxer Billy Joe Saunders has had his license suspended following a social media video in which he seemingly advocated domestic violence. In the video, the world super-middleweight champion appeared to demonstrate how men could hit their partners if "your old woman is giving you mouth" during the coronavirus lockdown.

The video, in which Saunders used a punching bag to show how to hit a woman "on the chin," has been deleted, but the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBofC) has since punished the 30-year-old. "Having considered comments made by Billy Joe Saunders on social media we have suspended his boxer's license pending a hearing under the Board's misconduct regulation, at a time and venue to be confirmed as soon as possible," the BBBofC said in a statement.
Saunders later apologized for the video, saying in a tweet he "would never condone domestic violence" and revealed he has received death threats as a result.

"I am getting a lot of hate mail wishing me dead, wishing my family and my kids dead," he told Talksport Monday. "I haven't got another half, but I have got a daughter and if anyone did that to my daughter, I would hurt them bad."

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back