Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in 2023

Huntn

Newcomer
Trophies
Whose playing this today? After spending 500 hours in Cyberpunk2077 it was recommended to give this a shot for comparison, by the same developer CDProjekt.

In late 2022 I casually started the game, did not get far into it, nice scenery, combat is about 3x more complicated, versus shoot shoot, stab stab. ;) And I was struggling to complete a low level quest to kill a noonwraith. No, I was not giving up yet. :D

Then I recently installed the NexGen update (came out in Dec) into Witcher 3, and no more Auto Loot as far as installing it. Although I had gotten 4 mods installed without known issues such as increase weight, eliminate fall damage, show all objectives on map, and a lighting overhaul, I really wanted auto loot, and that is just not happening. There were scripting issues that requires a script manager mod to combine them, the script manager could not fix the error, and then even if it had, I imagined it breaking for every update.

I wanted auto-loot because continuously getting of you horse and remounting it to grab flowers and herbs gets old, but it does not look like it's going to happen. I remember in Elder Scrolls Oblivion where is it was fairly easy to install a mod that let you harvest plants from horseback... :(

Possibly I am getting ahead of myself. Besides having petty mod needs, the most serious issue I’m facing after I recently updated Witcher with the new spiffy patch, I discovered that my save games were broken and when starting a new game, and after selecting either DX11 or 12, I couldn’t get out of the training yard. There is a cut scene with a ship floating in over the yard with a bad guy onboard, the game crashes every time. I reported this on Steam. Could not play it. :mad:

Now a new stability patch was released in early Feb, so my next step is to reinstall the game from scratch, start it without mods, and cross my fingers. :) If there are still issues, I will revert back to the DX11 version which I think is pre “Next Gen“ patch, but I’m not actually sure if selecting DX11 puts you back to pre-Next Gen Patch or not. . :unsure:

I have tried the game. Never completed it. I am HORRIBLE at the combat.
The combat is more complicated than hack and slash. My recommendation is in the beginning of the game, it gives you a chance to practise all of your combat skills, don’t leave the practise yard until you have it down, that i if you like it. If I make a comparison, this combat is way more complex than Cyberpunk 2077 By the same Dev, where there you just swing your sword or aim your gun, wth some cyber combat at your disposal too. :)

A new patch was added to the game so I’ll be giving it another go soon,

I liked the new update, but now some things don't work. And I also don't like that on my console I can't roll back and play the Witcher without NexGen

I am happy to play. I don’t really know what the updates are there ... I haven’t finished what was there yet. I really like the theme of vampires in the add-on. Went through it a few times and never got tired of it. I even made videos on it ... If you're interested) To the music)

Hey fellow gamers!
I couldn't resist jumping in on this discussion about The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, even though it's been a few years since its release. I have to say, this game has truly stood the test of time and remains a masterpiece even in 2023.
From the moment I stepped into the vast open world of The Continent, I was captivated by its stunning visuals and immersive atmosphere. CD Projekt Red's attention to detail is unparalleled, and it's evident in every nook and cranny of this game. The landscapes, the cities, the characters—everything feels alive and meticulously crafted.
But it's not just the visuals that make this game shine. The narrative is rich and engaging, filled with morally gray choices and consequences that keep you on your toes. The quests are diverse and compelling, each with its own unique story to uncover. And let's not forget about the side quests—they're so well-crafted that they rival the main storyline in terms of depth and impact.
The combat mechanics are fluid and satisfying, offering a variety of playstyles to suit different preferences. Whether you prefer the fast and agile swordplay or the strategic use of signs and potions, the combat in The Witcher 3 never gets old. And the monster designs? Absolutely breathtaking. Facing off against the creatures of the Witcher universe is both thrilling and terrifying.
Beyond the core gameplay, the game's expansions, Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine, are absolute must-play experiences. They offer even more content, introducing new areas to explore, intriguing characters, and quests that will challenge even the most seasoned Witcher.
But perhaps the most commendable aspect of The Witcher 3 is its commitment to player choice and consequence. The decisions you make throughout the game have far-reaching implications, shaping the world and affecting the lives of those around you. It's a testament to CD Projekt Red's dedication to storytelling and player agency.
In conclusion, if you haven't played The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt yet, I highly recommend giving it a go. Even in 2023, it remains an unforgettable experience that sets the bar for open-world RPGs. So grab your swords, prepare your signs, and embark on an epic journey that will leave you in awe.
Happy hunting, fellow Witchers!
  • [Your Username]
Thomas Parker

Regenerate response

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back