Winning million dollars from game tournaments

Nova

Trophies
We all are reading the news of how some kids are winning the PUBG or Fortnite tournaments. And how they are rich overnight. But it is more like lottery of efforts and they seem to be standing over that consistency.

Do you think every gamer can be rich like this?

I believe with enough time and dedication to a game, any gamer could have the potential to enter tournaments much like the Fortnite World Cup Tournament at the weekend and become rich over night. If someone wants it bad enough they will do what they can and what it takes to make it happen. After the kid won at the Fortnite World Cup Solo's over the weekend (I believe he won $3,000,000) they showed a tweet he posted on Twitter last year about how it was changing people's lives and he couldn't wait to be 16 next year! Now there he is $3,000,000 richer and a solo champion. Anything is possible if you put your mind to it!

There is a saying that the younger that you are, the better that you are going to play games. This is the situation with kids as they have less pressures of life to worry about. For adults like us, winning in this kind of tournaments may not be easy as we can't really put in the time that these kids have put into building this amazing career in games such as PUBG.

I saw that someone younger than me, I’m 22, won that much money from a gaming tournament. Props to him, but comparison to that can be detrimental.

While kids without responsibility have more time and a better chance at winning that than people my age, it’s still possible for us adults. They kid may have struck the lottery, but we can be motivated as well and achieve greatness, together.

Last edited:
I too agree that comparison is bad and something like that not supposed to do. I have learned from my experience that such type of stuff is definitely lottery and not all people should attempt to do just that. I guess we sometimes have to do just work our way towards fun first and then expect lottery.

I too agree that comparison is bad and something like that not supposed to do. I have learned from my experience that such type of stuff is definitely lottery and not all people should attempt to do just that. I guess we sometimes have to do just work our way towards fun first and then expect lottery.

I agree with you pal. It’s all about perspective. I’m gonna trust the Lord with my future of a potential gaming career while networking and what not. I’m grateful that I’m able to give it all a shot!

Good posts and thanks for replying!

There is a saying that the younger that you are, the better that you are going to play games. This is the situation with kids as they have less pressures of life to worry about. For adults like us, winning in this kind of tournaments may not be easy as we can't really put in the time that these kids have put into building this amazing career in games such as PUBG.
Yes as we age the quality of gaming become harder. And finishing the games is even more harder. Though there are people in 40s and 50s who do manage to play and finish the games pretty much the same way. But it's not that easy if you ask me.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back