Is social media the true mirror for the best in gaming?

C8Broadcom

Newcomer
Trophies
Do you believe the best gamers are popular on social media or is it the stomping grounds for the face of gaming ?? -side note (I come to find in such a short period of time forums are way more responsive when it comes to social interaction.When you look at social handles like Twitter, YouTube, Facebook ect.. is it your gamer reflection you see in the imaged mirror or is it another face in place of self * ?? good gamer or good holder)

I'm not really that bothered about Twitter. I've deleted my Facebook accounts so many times or had them disabled over nothing. Seems like a darn shallow site in general. Yet I attempted to rejoin it, and wasn't getting activated, or the idiots running it put me through those photo checkpoints.

YouTube sucks now, quite frankly. They have very strict rules in place now. In the past, you had to just get verified, wait a full day to get activated, and that was it. After that, you could live stream right away. You can still do it on Facebook, as far as I'm aware. Not that it comes out all that great, but at least they still allow streaming.

It's ridiculous how you now require 1000 subs to live stream from your mobile. The other day, I used Streamlabs to do a live stream since Google still allows third party apps for to get around the restrictions, or if you're on a laptop, you may still enable your webcam for that purpose. But honestly, the quality was pish. It totally sucked. The stream went all erroneous, and out of sync, with audio loss, and honestly, the site ain't worth two shits anymore. I'm not even good at making videos, so getting 1000 [sensible] subs will be practically impossible without any editing talent.

Of the 6 subs I have, I think 2 or so are ignorant trolls that just subscribe to get notified of new uploads, so they can abuse the voting system. I know you can turn off that feature, but it's sad and pointless that fully grown adults like to do that.

Also, I cannot really live stream games any more on my PS4 anyway. When I tried to do it before, it kept on disconnecting me. Nobody watches me anyway. I only have mobile data now, which is from an "Always On" goodybag I bought for GiffGaff, which is owned by O2. I'm also having to get online via USB tethering, as having to link to Bluetooth all of the time would prove to be a real nuisance. Even PS4 updates take an eternity now. Some take all damn day. That's because it's only running on 4G speed, and constantly downloading media can result in me being throttled by my ISP.

The Internet works relatively fine if I'm just browsing on forums, but videos cannot be played in HD on any websites anymore. On 123movies for example, I have to download movies now for offline viewing. If I try to select anything above the lowest quality on YouTube using the wheelie thing, it will refuse to play.

Hell, I do miss my broadband.

Okay, so if we look at the social media right now. A lot of opinions are either doctored or polarized. A lot of gaming social media contnet is more toxic. It all comes down to how much tolerant you are and how much you can ignore on social media.

Okay, so if we look at the social media right now. A lot of opinions are either doctored or polarized. A lot of gaming social media contnet is more toxic. It all comes down to how much tolerant you are and how much you can ignore on social media.
I agree i dunno how toxic people will ever find a way to get anything accomplished on or off social media. That's why as crazy as this may sound it's refreshing to find like minded people that are bias majority of the time. Some are not lucky enough to understand how to receive and give love to others in any kind of way..

If you check the bias in the gaming world, it leans more towards SJW, Feminist and LGBT crowd and in that process they are completely attacking their opinion one sided. Like if you don't like LGBT content you are being forced to accept it in gaming content. Goes to show this wont' end up well in near future.

From the main gaming community I come from, Old School Runescape; the players most active across social media are generally very knowledgeable and well above the average player. With that being said, the TOP players in the game are not very active and fly well under the radar compared to content creators.

From the main gaming community I come from, Old School Runescape; the players most active across social media are generally very knowledgeable and well above the average player. With that being said, the TOP players in the game are not very active and fly well under the radar compared to content creators.
How about being open minded and checking out something new. What better ways i can separate myself from the crowd to allow my message to be heard? How can i determine myself better, If im a content creator on a social media handle the next streamer has 3-5 k interaction to 1 interactions if i cross promote with the next stream whats the odds someone will be open to looking at your stream.. I don't think people see it the same way, maybe because the industry is flooded.

Lately, I see nothing but Ma'am jokes about Abby and insensitive coronavirus remarks. Not to mention that Aussie pest. I think when it comes to your own YouTube channel, you have to have talent for editing and all, as I don't think anybody cares much about webcam banter. I honestly think that's shallow, considering not everyone has a clue about that sort of stuff. But then everybody misses their great graphics.

As long as it stays within context i dunno why anyone would feel mislead. It's a gaming YouTube, it's a gaming Twitter or Facebook. Yes viewers would love to see great graphics and yes editing skills is essentially just as important but don't forget the gaming content. I know personas that use the title gaming content creator and never give you any gaming content or it's off top and or minimal 5-10 with no overall conclusion. . I also know women or some guys that call them titty gamers, they have little to no exp in gaming and they will smash some guys who've been on stream and social media way longer.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back