'Why Microsoft is all in on gaming,' says CEO Satya Nadella

microsoft-all-in-on-gaming-satya-nadella.jpg

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella has declared his company is 'all in on gaming', aligning Xbox with Microsoft's mission statement.

During a presentation focusing on the future of gaming at Microsoft, Satya Nadella told Xbox Head Phil Spencer:
Gaming is fundamentally aligned and woven into our mission as a company.

When you talk about Xbox’s mission to bring the joy and community of gaming to everyone on the planet, which I absolutely love, this is precisely what I think of when we think about Microsoft’s mission, which is to empower every person, every organisation on the planet to achieve more.

So as a company, Microsoft is all in on gaming. We believe we can play a leading role in democratising gaming and defining that future of interactive entertainment, quite frankly at scale.

Nadella spoke ahead of information surrounding the expansion of Xbox Cloud Gaming, and outlined three key talking points; cloud, Game Pass and Xbox’s increasing stable of developers.

He continued:
There are really three [key areas] where we believe we have incredible competitive advantage. First is our leadership in cloud computing. Second, the resources we have to build-out the subscription value with Xbox Game Pass. And third is our overall focus on empowering the creators. And so I’m really excited about the opportunity in gaming.

You can check out two clips from Nadella and Spencer's presentation, below.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back