Why do some people hate playing games?

Maybe they are expecting too much from the company to make a sequel of their favorite game but the company failed to do so.

I've never met someone who hated playing games. I mean, some people might prefer not to play but to go so far as to hate games, I've never seen or heard of someone like that. It's such a sad thing though, games are fun. It's a great stress reliever.

I've never met someone who hated playing games. I mean, some people might prefer not to play but to go so far as to hate games, I've never seen or heard of someone like that. It's such a sad thing though, games are fun. It's a great stress reliever.

I agree with you. Playing games is fun and sometimes stress-reliever. Maybe some hated playing because they don't have time to play at all. And got envy with others. :)

Yes, a lot of people think games are for children or teens, they also believe there is too much violence in games. These are the two main reasons why people hate games.
Yeah, I get the feeling that people who think like that are either SJWs or people who try way to hard to fit in with social norms.

I agree with you. Playing games is fun and sometimes stress-reliever. Maybe some hated playing because they don't have time to play at all. And got envy with others. :)

Can it actually be envy as you just mentioned? I think that it should be more than just envy because if such people really wanted to play, they can make out time to play. I don't think that there is anyone who is always busy 24/7/365.

Can it actually be envy as you just mentioned? I think that it should be more than just envy because if such people really wanted to play, they can make out time to play. I don't think that there is anyone who is always busy 24/7/365.
Well, it could be that they don't have time and might be within a crowd of people who are not into gaming and if they play a game, they might feel isolated. That is just what I think.

Maybe they just hate the fact of getting addicted. I never encountered anyone who hates games, but rather those who lack the imagination to play them.

I think they just don't enjoy playing games. They do not just appreciate the story of the game or the game play to be exact. They also find the games a bad thing because it is addictive but it is in the person that is playing.

Let's take a look at the logical side of the things. Not all people can take enjoyment out of games. Games increase your adrenaline. And not all people want to be on the edge all the time. And they prefer to make use of the games that are pretty boring and simple. So I don't hold much against such people. Each people to their own life.

From my experience, some people are wired in an odd way that what seems to be fine to others are literally nothing useful to them which is why it's very possible to see one who would never see any sort of fun in gaming.

From my experience, some people are wired in an odd way that what seems to be fine to others are literally nothing useful to them which is why it's very possible to see one who would never see any sort of fun in gaming.

Exactly. It's all about choice and preference.

Yes, there are a few people who simply hate playing games on the mobile or any other gaming device. They feel that playing games is a big waste of time. They also feel that playing games regularly can lead to games addictions. However, I don't think that games can be very interesting and entertaining. If you have self control then you can never get addicted to it. After all apart from the normal games there are games which can be very interesting and which challenge your brains.
Anything you overdo can easily become an addiction. I have seen teens who complain that their parents hate them when they play games, however, their parents themselves have some sort of addiction, mother is addicted to soaps and father is addicted to football.

I have yet to encounter anyone who hates playing games. I think there are people who are just not into it but not entirely hating the act of playing. Maybe, they have other hobbies or passion that's why playing games is not their cup of tea.

I have not encountered anyone that hates games recently. Our generation are mostly comprised of gamers. Nerds are in, what was nerdy and uncool a few decades ago are now what is cool. I even have friends who are way older than me and some are even in their 50s and are gamers to an extent. I guess I am lucky that I have not seen as much hate towards gaming as you guys have.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back