Why do some people hate playing games?

Anachiwo

Newcomer
Trophies
Have you ever seen some people who hate playing games so much that they even hate the company of gamers?

I wonder what makes such people have such avarice towards gaming?

It really depends on the game itself and how it works, the gameplay or the story might be poor. Either that or they might just have a grudge against gamers.

I haven't come across anyone who hates playing games as everyone I know seem to play (a) game/s, even my grandmother plays games on her iPad :LOL: I guess those people who do might see it as a waste of time? Maybe they're one of those who believe that games are just for children.

I think the right adjective for that question would not exactly be "hate."

What I think happens most of the time is that people who don't like to play video games don't realize that for those who like it, it's a hobby like any other (but as we usually devote a lot of time to it, it seems something "weird").

As of my existence I never knew someone who hate playing games and I can't imagine how will they react if he/she will see someonw playing a games. Its a kind of weird for me.

It really depends on the game itself and how it works, the gameplay or the story might be poor. Either that or they might just have a grudge against gamers.

I'm talking about them having no interest in any kind of games whatsoever. It's not like they have a particular one they favor over others, no but they just hate games full time.

I have never come across anyone like that before. I don't doubt their existence, just never met anyone like that.

I guess it boils down to "whatever floats your boat". I mean, myself, I don't hate gaming - but it's not an obsession. Anyway, lately, I have no time for it (doing web development projects).

In my observation, most of the game haters are the people who have never played games or do not have a lot of experience of playing various games. Since they do not know what kind of experience you can gain through gaming, they ate game and gamers.

I'm talking about them having no interest in any kind of games whatsoever. It's not like they have a particular one they favor over others, no but they just hate games full time.
Oh, well in that case it is either because they personally think games are solely for children or they cause violent behaviors.

Oh, well in that case it is either because they personally think games are solely for children or they cause violent behaviors.
Yes, a lot of people think games are for children or teens, they also believe there is too much violence in games. These are the two main reasons why people hate games.

Yes, a lot of people think games are for children or teens, they also believe there is too much violence in games. These are the two main reasons why people hate games.

Agreed on both points of seeing games to be linked with violent acts as well as something that is too childish to be getting into are the two main reasons why I believe some people detest playing games of any sort. Although some games are indeed wired in a violent manner.

There are different reasons why people hate gaming and do not like the company of gamers. It could just be a general lack of interest or it could be the frustration of not being able to finish a game successfully. People who are addicted to gaming could be very annoying sometimes - forgetting dates, events, not paying attention, becoming reclusive, etc. This could be the reason some people do not like the company of gamers.

Have you ever seen some people who hate playing games so much that they even hate the company of gamers?

I don't think people hate games I think they hate the why a person (child, spouse, or love one) might abuse gaming. When I say abuse gaming, I am talking about getting addicted to the game and forgetting life.

I haven't met such people until now, I do know people who are older than me that have no interest in gaming, the Internet, cell phones or any other technology.

Some people hate playing games because they think that it can destroy peoples study and life.We can't blame the old ones why they hate playing games.

Some people hate playing games because they think that it can destroy peoples study and life.We can't blame the old ones why they hate playing games.

Seriously, gamers are liable to getting distracted when they are still in school. I have had my fair experience with gaming distraction when I was still a teenager in school and it affected my grades very bad.

Generally speaking, most of the people strongly oppose gaming for kids and teens. That's because they believe games make kids and teens physically inactive, lose interest in study, and lso become violent. There is some truth on this though. However, it is also true that there is no skip from this phenomena. We have to look for middle path.

Thats why controlling it to children is the best prevention. Monitor them to avoid the kids looking on the adult contents or violent.

Yes, there are a few people who simply hate playing games on the mobile or any other gaming device. They feel that playing games is a big waste of time. They also feel that playing games regularly can lead to games addictions. However, I don't think that games can be very interesting and entertaining. If you have self control then you can never get addicted to it. After all apart from the normal games there are games which can be very interesting and which challenge your brains.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back