Who likes to work out and/or run?

this is my plan for every training Workout Programs

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to offend those who run or jog, but I have read many med experts that say walking is probably the best form of aerobic exercise, next to swimming. They say the bp abruptly rises when one runs or jogs and the impact of running on our joints and muscles are more severe than in plain walking or swimming. The bp slowly ries and falls in both brisk walking and swimming.

I agree! I'm 52 and I have friends who are runners and they have terrible knee problems because of their love of jogging workouts. I am a walker and I'm more protective of my joints as I get older and realize that hitting a pavement hard isn't going to help me as I age, nor are squats (thought I'd throw that in there since some of the video workouts I'm finding that feature younger trainers have way too many squats)!

I keep on trying to keep fit, wight lifting / running but i loose motivation so not been able to do on a regular basis.

I had a friend and we used to go jogging together at the local park a few years ago, but he moved to another city so now I have less motivation to do that. Though I got myself a mountain bike so I could keep my outdoor activities. Also, I still go to the gym, mostly to stay fit, so no heavy lifting (because of joints).

I am into Yoga & martial arts. Did muscle building as well for two years. But of late it's getting hard to be punctual due to many preoccupations.

I am into Yoga & martial arts. Did muscle building as well for two years. But of late it's getting hard to be punctual due to many preoccupations.
I only just started Yoga again two weeks ago and I'm loving it! It's so good after a work out, love the meditation part in the end too.

I had a friend and we used to go jogging together at the local park a few years ago, but he moved to another city so now I have less motivation to do that. Though I got myself a mountain bike so I could keep my outdoor activities. Also, I still go to the gym, mostly to stay fit, so no heavy lifting (because of joints).
UPD. My buddy is back! My motivation is back too! (kinda) We're planning to get him a new bike, yay. Maybe I'll drag him to gym too ;)

OK, well, I'm not running much these days - but last month I did a ski simulator (like a Nordic Track) quite regularly. Amway. I was also doing a dumbbell regiment - usually with 20 pound ones. Well, not much - but good enough for my thin size.

I enjoy jogging, even though I stopped doing it recently. I also want to give some attention to my biceps, I want them to look like guns.

The only exercise I get is walking to fast food places. I'm fat and my heart gets fatigued when I walk too much.

In seriousness, though, I enjoy walking. Anything more than that is not my cup of tea.

Well its not really running but I have a fairly decent walk to and from work each day at about 25 min each.

Last edited:
I do not purposely run or jog, I get plenty of strenghth training doing the farm work and construction.

You work on a farm? Nice that must feel amazing after a long day.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back