Who here has created a video game?

Jayson

Trophies
Please say - even if it's very primitive - like a Javascript quiz. Anyway, I may have designed a few for computer programming classes - but I don't remember them.

Well, I'd like to get into designing games and also AI (below the dangerous level, lol) - but I don't really have the time. Now all is focused on my music lesson project.

I've had a dabble, but have never bothered completing such a project.

Greenfoot is what I used, and it's a pretty good place to start as a beginner.. You'll need the textbook (or a .pdf of it at least) to get the most out of it though.

I've made a very rubbish HTML5 game before by following a tutorial I found on the internet but that was mainly just for a laugh - it wasn't for anything useful. I think it was around the time that HTML5 was actually just coming out into the web world so I just wanted to give it a try as at that time I was a bit more au fait with the coding side of things so it was a nice little project. Turned out OK if I remember actually but I don't think I'll be making a move into that career path anytime soon!

I've never made any games although I have tried to in the past. When I was younger, I wanted to create a game like Club Penguin but my lack of knowledge on how to even start held me back. So the only things I ever did was create graphics

Not released any game. I mostly dabbled with the Game Maker from YoYogames. They have a decent product. And it seems like a good game development IDE worth trying out. I may release some game if I can get better at level design and the finished product is worth it.

me and my friends attempted to make our own game once, we got well into the planning stages but soon backed out of it.

Nothing yet, but am working with some people to make a game using Unity. We'll see if it ever comes to fruition.

me and my friends attempted to make our own game once, we got well into the planning stages but soon backed out of it.
Can I ask what kind of games you and your friends were looking into making when you were? I only ask because I always find it interesting how people scope out things lol. I remember that me and my friends spent weeks at one point mocking up an entire gameplay/vocal script for a fictional GTA game set in Miami and by the end of it we had one hell of a large script together but then being kids, we just thought "meh" and left it to rot. Waste of time haha.

Mostly for school projects. I've made a tic tac toe and a puzzle game using C#.
I made a very simple guess where the item is game on C++ and stuff like that. Very very simple.
I have the idea we also did some sort of "snake" game but I am not sure if we went that far.

Unfortunately, everything related to my university has been left behind in Mexico, even if I was there, I am not sure if I still have the programs stored somewhere. A lot of those projects were in my school email which I no longer have access. I guess it could be fun to try to recreate them.

This guy's review for Resident Evil 4, is just God awful.

It's just 10 plus minutes of the same lines, or whatever. Some people have no knowledge of how to play games, make games, or even support them in a meaningful way. ?

Me! Developing an anime-themed MOBA game called ISEKAI ETERNAL now :) Join the open playtest on Steam! we need your feedback always

I'm planning on creating a 3D RPG computer game using Unity. It has lots of tutorials and that's one of them! :)

Please say - even if it's very primitive - like a Javascript quiz. Anyway, I may have designed a few for computer programming classes - but I don't remember them.

Well, I'd like to get into designing games and also AI (below the dangerous level, lol) - but I don't really have the time. Now all is focused on my music lesson project.
Of course not me, just making the script I'm still confused

I used to make really really really bad flash games a couple of decades ago. I mean, like... really bad. I have some good ideas, but I don't have the skill or ability to make anything out of it. I've been dabbling a bit with RPG Maker, trying to compose a game I can release on Steam, but... the costs add up if you wand good tile sets etc. I can't do the artwork myself, so all I have is subjectively good ideas, and no real visual arena to present them with.

I used to make really really really bad flash games a couple of decades ago. I mean, like... really bad. I have some good ideas, but I don't have the skill or ability to make anything out of it. I've been dabbling a bit with RPG Maker, trying to compose a game I can release on Steam, but... the costs add up if you wand good tile sets etc. I can't do the artwork myself, so all I have is subjectively good ideas, and no real visual arena to present them with.
Go to Itch.io and OpenGameArt. tons of free assets like tilesets and characters.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back