Which streaming service do you prefer? Twitch or Mixer?

Daniel

Newcomer
Trophies
I've had some headlines come across my news feed indicating that a fair amount of big Twitch streamers have moved to Mixer. Is there a reason this is happening do you know? Also, I've never used Mixer to know what's so great about it. Do you have a preference as to which platform you stream to or watch on?

A lot of popular streamers have moved to the mixer. The reason being Twitch treats male and female streamers differently. You as a male may not curse on twitch but female streamers can show their skin. So things like this are biased and not good for the branding for many streamers. So they are moving to family friendly mixer instead.

Neither, I don't do streaming and I don't have time to watch others play when I have my own backlog to get through.

I just stream through streamlabs and simultaneously it syncs on other sites. The thing is that I prefer streaming is because I love to document what I am playing. This way I can clear the backlog and also remember that I did cleared it.

Some of them are getting paid to move to Mixer exclusively. And as another member mentioned above, Twitch isn't the same for everyone. It's OK for females to show their body but meanwhile it's totally forbidden for males to say a curse here and there.

I just stream through streamlabs and simultaneously it syncs on other sites. The thing is that I prefer streaming is because I love to document what I am playing. This way I can clear the backlog and also remember that I did cleared it.

could be a bit easier to just make a text list on what you cleared.

I think the point is having some sort of video log that people can see in the mixer or twitch. That's the point. I recently tested facebook live too. It was a good experience.

[edit: removed potentially controversial opinion]

xenonVirus. Sometimes I need to calm down before posting something to my computer screen... :confused:

Last edited:
I wonder what you wrote that was edited?

It's not as glamorous as you'd expect. I support Mixer against Twitch, but I decided to edit my post because some of the things I said about Twitch may have been a bit too far.

xenonVirus. I tend to get a bit worked up about things. Sometimes. :(

Last edited:
Haha. I know I posted about it earlier like those thots affecting the good channels. This is one reason I only support men on gaming channels. Lot of female gamers are just showing cleavage and destroying the streaming content industry.

It's also a double standard. An example of this:
  • Not Banned - Alinity, a female Twitch streamer who has repeatedly abused her cat on stream.
  • Banned - Dellor, a male Twitch streamer infamous for breaking keyboards, got perma-banned from Twitch for, get this, "threats of self harm." From breaking a keyboard over his head. Absolutely ridiculous.
xenonVirus. And Twitch wonder why some people may be moving to Mixer?

Last edited:
It's also a double standard. An example of this:
  • Not Banned - Alinity, a female Twitch streamer who has repeatedly abused her cat on stream.
  • Banned - Dellor, a male Twitch streamer infamous for breaking keyboards, got perma-banned from Twitch for, get this, "threats of self harm." From breaking a keyboard over his head. Absolutely ridiculous.
Yep. Imagine revealing cleavage and some form of nudity is never banned. In fact anything females do on twitch is never banned.

This is my bias opinion on the streaming service for twitch. Its community is large but congested a lot, I can't speak for mixer but I personally Love the community for twitch regardless of its issues. :)

This is my bias opinion on the streaming service for twitch. Its community is large but congested a lot, I can't speak for mixer but I personally Love the community for twitch regardless of its issues. :)
Twitch is definitely a large community considering it was one of the community outside youtube that only helped gamers. And the thing is that mixer is new and yet to be friendly towards the people and there is yet to have potential revenue earner.

Twitch only because it's heard of and I've used it before even though I don't use streaming services.

I stream mainly to YouTube, occasionally to Twitch, using Omlet Arcade app, on my smartphone. Is there an app better than OA?

Twitch only because it's heard of and I've used it before even though I don't use streaming services.
In that case try YouTube Gaming and Facebook Gaming too. Those two are the places where your page if monetized can earn more than the twitch. And in fact the amount of money earning from those two sources would be lot higher.

Latest content

General chat
Help Show users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
      Back